Dodge RamCharger Central banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Administrator
62,046 Posts
That is what Kurt and I could say about mud'n'tape, but I have seen people that just can't do it.
You guys can have that job, its definitely not for me.

I think my coil was hooked up right , but looking at a diagram., I hooked it up wrong ,

I know I got 2 red wires ..1 pink wire. And the other I believe is yellow with a black stripe

Damn it pisses me off that such a simple thing has held me back for so long !!!
If you still do not get it working, post up a bunch of pics that show the wires at each component, and we can guide you through this.

·
Registered
1977 dodge w200 power wagon
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
According to both of them diagrams I got every thing right . I’m pulling a plug and checking.
Then I’m gonna check the distributor plug. It may have a broke wire . ThTs all it can be

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
the pickup plate is suppose to move

it should have a little resistance. It moved very easily . It was late . Today I’m gonna check the button and rotor and make sure they are clean and getting contact. I think my problem is somewhere in the distributor..

my shop don’t have walls . Sometimes the mosquitoes determine what time the shop closes !!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
^^^^^^
I just got home . Give me 30 minutes. And I’m gonna perform all them tests .

I watched on you tube on how that coil test works doing some research

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I'm going to recommend you find a secure place to park the truck. Stop letting others play with it!

IF your voltage gauge is hooked up right, you have an incredibly weak battery.

OR your friend hooked it to an ignition wire and it might be doing something funky.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
^^^

I agree with you my battery could be weak. I’m going right now to throw my other one I have on the charger.

And that was months ago that I was staying at my cousins house . No one touches my truck no more but me .

now !!!! Let’s do some testing !

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
the guy l learned from would NEVER use a "corner" knife - 12 inch straight knife only for the corners , he was the best taper in town
The best tapers don't use hand tools in the corners.

Angle Box... TapeTech 8" Angle Box w/ XHTT Extendable Handle

Angle head...https://www.all-wall.com/TapeTech-EZRoll-AngleHead-48XTT?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkWlwXbOqV4S-vsUoKP5yxO22A5IW1Wt2c6K3GkaHssOVWje0_Vp1MxoCaNgQAvD_BwE

Perfect corners every time.
1000x faster.

Just don't get faster confused with easier.
My shoulders are a testament to that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Both coils passed the test ( I did it wrong the first time )
Which would you suggest I use ?
Automotive tire Cosmetics Font Drink Gas

contacts in distributor are filthy gonna hit them with the dremel small brush

Automotive lighting Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I’m thinking my pickup plate isn’t getting contact. I know the gear has a fine coat of rust all over it . As does most of the metal in my distributor. I seen in some comments on a video I watched that the Mopar caps have slits in them and the rust is a common problem.. the guy said he seals these slots . I will eventually upgrade to a HEI. Ignition system. But I just want it to run until that time comes .

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The best tapers don't use hand tools in the corners.

Angle Box... TapeTech 8" Angle Box w/ XHTT Extendable Handle

Angle head...https://www.all-wall.com/TapeTech-EZRoll-AngleHead-48XTT?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkWlwXbOqV4S-vsUoKP5yxO22A5IW1Wt2c6K3GkaHssOVWje0_Vp1MxoCaNgQAvD_BwE

Perfect corners every time.
1000x faster.

Just don't get faster confused with easier.
My shoulders are a testament to that.
I don't even see how that thing works in the corners. I rock, mud, & tape my own little remodels. I have a Husky bag with trowels, pans, knives, tape, tape measure, and a few other tools... including a hand corner trowel. It works great. LOL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Getting this dodge has truly been therapeutically good for me . Before getting it I was really down in the dumps . I had a living room fire that was caused by someone I had staying with me . I didn’t have insurance because I live on family land . And my dad told me I was covered by his policy. We’ll by me having a different address. I was not covered. It wasn’t a bad fire I replaced the living room better than it was . But was told by “ those that know”🥴 .. all the steps I had to do, and it was just overwhelming. So I moved to my cousins house. And my cousin don’t know how to talk to people. He’s really a idiot. He disrespects people. And wonders why no one comes to visit him?
I’d been called a stupid mother fucker. One time too many. So I moved back to my house. Just to find out that mice have moved into my vacant house. ( which I’m still battling) . I find the mice are therapeutic also. Between glue traps. And steel traps and a co2 b.b. pistol. Killing them bastards gives me something to do. I have running water it just ain’t hot. And a power cord coming in the window.

I decided the truck first, then the house. Will be fixed. I had the inspector come out to see what I had. And tell me what I need done to have the power turned back on .
Replace 3 windows ( they have window units in them and the windows have to be able to open ). A splice I have must be removed and a straight line of electrical wire run . And get a new pole and mount my outside breaker box on it , he said the room itself looked damn good.
I almost wanted to hug him.. I got access to all that stuff for free.
What was a dark tunnel. Now has a light at the end of it.
I have a 23 piece 70’s era stereo and some very desirable 70’s era speakers in storage . And it’s a shame to have that and not use it . The fire got some of it. But I can live without what it destroyed. It was a roof fire. My furniture barely got burned.
I miss watching my reel-to-reel spin around. And all them VU meters jump .

In time normality will return. Only difference will be instead of a 2017 blacked out Silverado. Sitting in my yard it will be a bad ass 1977 power wagon. That “I” brought back to life !!!

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts