Dodge RamCharger Central banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Hard times for sure. Sorry all that happened to you. Can't you just throw that splice into a junction box? Add a few outlets in a couple boxes and call it good? I've done that before and it works fine. I once had a wire I had to terminate but had no where to terminate it to, so I ran it thru the floor and put in an outlet and light fixture at the entrance to my crawlspace. LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
My brother has mice. There was some chemical that was sprayed that only took its toll on the mice. Basically makes them move like their drunk then they die. I keep my RC in his pole barn where some mice still lurk. glue traps with a cracker and peanut butter in the middle or snap traps with straight peanut better work for me. There’s also an eastern rat snake nest we just uncovered so they lurk too. Invest in some snakes, they’re just like people, only get pissed when you mess with them.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
My brother has mice. There was some chemical that was sprayed that only took its toll on the mice. Basically makes them move like their drunk then they die. I keep my RC in his pole barn where some mice still lurk. glue traps with a cracker and peanut butter in the middle or snap traps with straight peanut better work for me. There’s also an eastern rat snake nest we just uncovered so they lurk too. Invest in some snakes, they’re just like people, only get pissed when you mess with them.
Get a cat or two. Young ones. Snap traps work great for places the cats can't get into. Poison... you have no control over where they die. Usually resulting in tearing something apart to get to them. I live out in farm country. My neighbor has a rat problem. They don't have cats. I don't, I have cats. Yes, we get a stray mouse here and there, but the cat generally catches them.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah I think he only went with the poison because he fiancé freaked after finding a mouse in a cabinet lol. He did the poison for a few months and it generally stopped them all together. I tried to get him to get cats but he said no. I said just leave food and water outside for them lol. Low maintenance.

·
Registered
1977 dodge w200 power wagon
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Good advice guys .
I could put in a junction box . But when my 1/2 brother was getting the materials to fix the room . He got 100’ of electrical wire. We’re lucky if we used 40’.. so I’m gonna redo a lot of the old wire in the house .

the fire come with its own blessings. If the bright side of a bad situation can be looked at.
not having any insurance. Put every penny of fixing it on my shoulders.
shortly after it happened. My boss come up to me saying :: I heard you had a fire . Let me know how much money you need to fix it ..
I told him I hadn’t even processed it all just yet. That I was just so mad about it. That I hadn’t even thought about fixing it yet .

he said when I come up with a number..let him know and I’ll have it by the end of the day. And I could pay him back per week with a amount I was comfortable with.

I gave him the number . He gave me a check that day… I’ve already paid him back.

it’s rare to find a boss that would do that . But he knows I go above and beyond for his company… and it’s a big company with very many employees.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good advice guys .
I could put in a junction box . But when my 1/2 brother was getting the materials to fix the room . He got 100’ of electrical wire. We’re lucky if we used 40’.. so I’m gonna redo a lot of the old wire in the house .

the fire come with its own blessings. If the bright side of a bad situation can be looked at.
not having any insurance. Put every penny of fixing it on my shoulders.
shortly after it happened. My boss come up to me saying :: I heard you had a fire . Let me know how much money you need to fix it ..
I told him I hadn’t even processed it all just yet. That I was just so mad about it. That I hadn’t even thought about fixing it yet .

he said when I come up with a number..let him know and I’ll have it by the end of the day. And I could pay him back per week with a amount I was comfortable with.

I gave him the number . He gave me a check that day… I’ve already paid him back.

it’s rare to find a boss that would do that . But he knows I go above and beyond for his company… and it’s a big company with very many employees.
Yeah usually you get oh you had a fire? Think you can come in later? Sounds like a good guy.

Reactions: jcm3

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Ok . We’re gonna be on this thing all night.

All my decals will be placed on tonight. And I have MANY !!!

let’s get to work !!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I don't even see how that thing works in the corners. I rock, mud, & tape my own little remodels. I have a Husky bag with trowels, pans, knives, tape, tape measure, and a few other tools... including a hand corner trowel. It works great. LOL
Those angle boxes are great. They can be tough to push. Especially if you use the wrong brand of joint compound. I use USG Plus 3 for most of my work. It pushes through the tools like ball bearings. And it doesn't require much thinning.
You must use a roller and angle head when "stringing tape" in the "angles" with a bazooka because it puts the tape perfectly into the corners. And I mean perfect. So when you second coat the angles with the angle box and head they are perfectly square.
And I have an assortment of knives from 1" to a 4' darby.

Here's a video of somebody using a different brand than I use... same basic principle...

See what I mean about faster?
And I don't tint my mud pink. Must be for demonstration purposes only. ;D
Nobody can do it by hand faster... or better.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

My stereo if your interested .^^^^^
I called it the “ tower of power” before the fire.

some items aren’t shiny no more so I will be calling it Mephistopheles

8-track
That's a lot of equipment there. ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I still have no spark .
After cleaning the rotor button . And cleaning the pick up. Inserting a dollar bill and gapping it correctly. I still have no fire .

it’s about to piss me off to the point where I’m ready to go to the bar and start a fight to VENT .

·
Registered
31,416 Posts
do you have access to another Dist and exactly where are you located [ see if theres another member close by to give you a hand ]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
do you have access to another Dist and exactly where are you located [ see if theres another member close by to give you a hand ]
I don’t have immediate access to one . I could probably get one . But it would take a little time to get it . I’m in lake city Florida. 10 miles south of where I-10 and I-75 cross each other.

mom gonna ohm test the ECM’ and distributor today and test anything else that may cross my mind.

I just don’t understand. It ran fine before I swapped out the ignition switch. And now I got nothing

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don’t have immediate access to one . I could probably get one . But it would take a little time to get it . I’m in lake city Florida. 10 miles south of where I-10 and I-75 cross each other.

mom gonna ohm test the ECM’ and distributor today and test anything else that may cross my mind.

I just don’t understand. It ran fine before I swapped out the ignition switch. And now I got nothing
I used to live south of you near Alachua

Do you have the old switch to toss back in (if it was working)?

Bucky

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
^^^^^
The old switch wouldn’t do me any good . It was on a push button. And the key wouldn’t stay in the run position. I had to drill a hole in the steering column and insert a screw to hold the key in the run position.
Plus my cousin had wires spliced together. It ran but was giving the coil 12 v . After going thru 2 coils and the non locking key that’s why I decided to hook it up the correct way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
We’ll Monday I’m having a friend go get the pick up unit I ordered today . I ran a straight wire to the coil and still no spark . I did a ohm test on it as DODGE BOYS. Diagram stated and got a reading of 470 . And it needed to fall between 150-900. I got a new ECM’ sitting at O’reillys, but I don’t think that’s the issue and if it is I’m gonna order that off the internet. Get the better version of it and a new wiring harness with it . I’m fed up with trying to make this old technology work. I’ll upgrade everything under that hood if that’s what it takes .
Money was made to be spent . And I have no woman to bitch at me because of my spending habits ,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Glad you found something to put some effort into that is therapeutic. I agree 100%. I wouldn’t say that I love working on cars, but like the finished product and enjoy the outcome.

I hope things get back to normal for you sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
We’ll I went over to my dodge buddies house today because I had to do something!!
He showed me the HEI’ he just installed and did a good job of describing it and it’s function to me
And the fact it will do away with the stock components

I’m ordering it this Thursday.
And may be getting a 4 barrel rebuild kit. And putting a 4 on my truck. He has the manifolds and the carburetors

·
Registered
31,416 Posts
We’ll I went over to my dodge buddies house today because I had to do something!!
He showed me the HEI’ he just installed and did a good job of describing it and it’s function to me
And the fact it will do away with the stock components

I’m ordering it this Thursday.
And may be getting a 4 barrel rebuild kit. And putting a 4 on my truck. He has the manifolds and the carburetors

318 + 4bl = DOG and it all hasta do with the "small" port 318 heads and the Fact that just about ALL 4bl intakes are Large port

·
Registered
31,416 Posts
Now before you make more of a mess of your truck lets get back to basics , follow the diagram below and tell what you have at/on all the ballast terminals

81 - 100 of 113 Posts