Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theramchargerkid said:
i like it. how do you like those sport kings?
Pretty good, I think if they were siped it would make a big difference on road, not bad just not great on road. Go real good in over 4-5" snow! Drove it all last winter and almost half of this before it broke. Didn't have any problem as long as there was enough snow, squirrly if there is just a bit of snow though.
They were on it when I got it but I am thinking about sticking with the brand when I go bigger. Think 35" mud kings are under $150. For the price? Good tire, and wears pretty good too, I got around 10000 miles on them and don't notice any difference in the tread wear, have had the front end apart and never got it re-aligned either. How do the pics look?, Think I need a bigger garage? lol
chris

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
i just threw a set of sport kings on my r/c. and i think they are exelent! they look good and they handle well in mud, snow, road...they were cheap to i got em for 80 bucks a tire, and i see them on trucks all the time. that is the only tire im gunna put on my trucks..

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
damn dude that is some rust . I almost bought a 78 RC that was rotted up pretty bad . damn sheetmetal work sucks don't it ? Goodluck with it man .

bt83rc

PS: Love those mud kings too

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the floor was just rotted in the corners, but as I got into it I foung ou t the whole cross member was rotten. Out it goes! ;D
As for the tires they are just sport kings, not mud kings, thinking about doing mud kings next, can't beat the price! (if they go big enough)

·
Registered
725 Posts
looks good, hope to see more exterior pics...

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Rule of thumb i have for rust is this : Triple the area where you see the rust and that is what it will need patch wise to fix . this seems to be a pretty sure fire method for me anyhow . Almost always you have to cut out twice as much as you see it seems . Anyhow keep at it you will get it fixed soon for summer i bet .

bt83rc

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bt83rc said:
Rule of thumb i have for rust is this : Triple the area where you see the rust and that is what it will need patch wise to fix . this seems to be a pretty sure fire method for me anyhow . Almost always you have to cut out twice as much as you see it seems . Anyhow keep at it you will get it fixed soon for summer i bet .

bt83rc
Tried to go at least 1/2- 1" past it all the way around. I got all the rot, just gonna be some work to stop the surface rust thats left but had a couple spots that I couldn't cut any further.
As far as being fixed for summer, It would be nice but not something I am (realisticly) expecting. I got to do gears, bigger tires, wireing, re-do some of the body work on the sides, re-carpet the inside, etc, etc. All in a space that I can't open both doors at the same time! No room!
As it is now, I can walk down the drivers side to the front, and almost halfway down the pass side. (leaning on the wall for balance) It's a bit tight! ;D

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bt83rc said:
damn dude that is some rust . I almost bought a 78 RC that was rotted up pretty bad . damn sheetmetal work sucks don't it ? Goodluck with it man .

bt83rc
Hell! wait till I get the "before" pics of the sides scanned! Some idiot before me used CONCRETE as body filler! Figure at LEAST a bag per side!
Thanx for the comments guys. It means a lot to me! ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.