Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off the truck 1977 dodge w 250 440 np 435 w/ np203/205 doubler and red neck ram hydro steering

now for the ? i am geting new dana 60s for the front and rear of this truck (3.55)

1 what lockers should i go with (i am thinking powertrax)
2 what kind of steering should i go with high steer / cross over
3 should i go with rear disc brakes and where do i get the brakets etc
4 what lift should i go with ? (i am thinking 4in with a 2in body for ease of cleaning frame etc) rcc lift will make more articulation right ? ( i would like to put the rcc lift on due to my spring buckets are pulling off the frame so they need replaced any way)
5 any thing else you can think of?

i am going to do all of this now that i have the money and i want to do it right the first time

sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
do they still make ox-trax cable actuated lockers? or an arb air actuated (damn, guess you need onboard air now ;D) check out ramman's site or the rest of the tech forum.

disc brakes, yes. check the how to. there is a new how to on dana 60 disc brakes. use your rear hub and the outer rotor from any number of front disced trucks.

as far as a 4" suspension lift goes there are so many choices and as long as they arent blocks they re all pretty good. shackle flips taller springs, springs from other model vehicles, longer shackles, anything. for ultimate articulation with 4" lift i dont think i would go with a particular off shelf "lift system" it would be a hybrid spring pack (you play around with combo of leaves, maybe some from another type of vehicle) and some type of shackle system.

well then you may need body armor. bumpers grille gaurds rockers, what ever.

a winch is essential. atleast 9000 lb capacity with more being better.

are drive shafts up to the challenge? u joints? axle shafts?

did you do pump mod to your ******* ram ps pump?

is engine and drive train up to par? (sounds like stout combo)

what kinda of tools/accessories would you need?

oh ya, dont forget tires ;D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont know on the lockers never heard of them i am planing on onboard air

i have read the how-to on the disc but no speciffics on the brakets did e-bay search all i found was brakets that said "not dana 60"

i have a custom set of leafs on the truck now that give me 6 in

bumpers and armor taken care of

i have a 12,000lb hydro winch that can be moved from front to back

i had a set of 1 ton diesel shafts built for me

hydro steering pump mod yes

all new the only thing i worry about is a strong clutch i can allways have on made

tools and acc give me some ideas i have a full set of sockets, wrenches,rachets,screwdrivers and hammers in the front bumper along with my welder

good ?? and advice keep going

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
waterproofing electrical components, snorkel, maybe some rhino lining, maybe some por 15.

sounds like your truck is allready mechanically sound, maybe you can go into the interior/exterior cosmetics.

can always do stuff to the engine.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i want to do the body real bad i plan on doing the botom half up to the body line in rhino lining and then the rest in green dont know if i will go stock dark or go with grabber

good idea on the waterproffing never thought of it i am going to rewire the truck when i do the body off and the por15 will be on the whole under carrage

the engine is allreaddy built the only thing i might do is a six-pac

snockel i dont know have to find a way to make it look good

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
get GM weather pack fittings to make your harnesses.

maybe efi for engine reliabilty?

most anything else turns your truck into hard core purpose built trail only rig so you re pretty close to maxed.

have any pictures?

there was some discussion of a manufacturer possibly being interested in producing a clean looking snorkel for our dodges.

some of the vehicles equipted with "fording kits" (snorkels) that i work on here, are capable of 5ft of water. engine is absolutely water tight everything is. all t case and tranny vets are mount up high.

·
Registered
405 Posts
On-board air is always helpful. I plan on using CO2 instead of an air compressor, depends on your price range and available space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.