Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Jersey Folks, this one is up to you:
Let me know who you want for your Chapter Leader. By which means you determine your Leader that is up to you. Until then, you don't have a Chapter Leader.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I want Pat (hybrid).

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Who is up for it?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Whoever you want, including you

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
i vote myself, if thats possible.
I was thinking the same, but I guess since its open to everyone yes you can vote for yourself.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
RED90RC said:
Who is up for it?
everyone in the chapter is. this includes those people out of state. i'd like to see some texans running too. because they live here and all....

also, if you decide you want to put your name on the ballot, be prepared to agree with everything marty says in regards to every thread he sticks his nose in or you'll suddenly find you're out of a job.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pat, if I may give you one small piece of advise: back off. Things got changed a little and as of now, I really must say that with what seems 2-3 active people in the chapter and a usage of the board that is not overwhelming, I suggest the following:
why don't you guys go ahead, have your activities and all. Then we can see if there is actually something happening that makes a CL (moderator) necessary for this board. Until then, IM if there is some stuff that needs to be taken care of.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
santak: i don't mind not being the chapter leader of the new jersey chapter, or a moderator of its forums. i was aggrivated by the blatent misuse of someone's power that they simply, and now apparently, don't deserve for said reasons above. if i want to meet with some nj chapter members, i'll go on and do it. its not about being chapter leader, its the matter of the fact that he got pissed of cause his e-girlfriend shot off her mouth and then when they both were wrong, he decided to have a hissy-fit. its cool though. just trying to make it apparent so it doesn't go unnoticed.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look closely it did not go unnoticed, so I don't think there is any more need to add fuel to the fire, from either side. I hope this was clear enough. :)

In the mean time, use this board for what it is intended to be: plan your meetings, local classifieds, chit chat etc. just like the other chapters. And if this chapter becomes very active, I'm sure you guys can figure out who's best to take care of things and then let me know.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
santak said:
If you look closely it did not go unnoticed, so I don't think there is any more need to add fuel to the fire, from either side. I hope this was clear enough. :)

In the mean time, use this board for what it is intended to be: plan your meetings, local classifieds, chit chat etc. just like the other chapters. And if this chapter becomes very active, I'm sure you guys can figure out who's best to take care of things and then let me know.
It is kind of hard to pick a leader when the board has been so dead lately. One might think there is only a half dozen of us in the state with old dodge trucks, and I know for a fact that is not true.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's why I'm saying: go, get out, do something. Look what other chapter might do to get people involved, use this board and then it should become fairly obvious who is the best person for CL. I understand that people are temporarily unavailable and got other stuff going on, but nobody and nothing (except yourself) should hinder you folks to get something going. Just because there is no officially appointed CL doesn't mean you can't have fun together :)

In the mean time, I provisional take care of things around this board. if you need something sticky or something deleted, IM me and I will take care of it. Otherwise, I will not get involved here. NJ is not my turf, but yours.

I think that concludes this thread. :)

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
If there are only 3 active members in this chapter, we will eliminate it and combine it with another chapter that is on it's borders. I am going to go through some of the other chapters and do the same as well. No activity means no more chapter.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Does this mean ED3 is no longer the Chapter leader? If so and Hybrid wants to do it I vote for Hybrid

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
It means at the moment we have no chapter leader and if we don't start having some activity in our board or among members we're gonna be tossed into another states board - probably NY where Marty is already the leader.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
We need to get moving here, I really don't feel like being associated with another state. There is no reason why this chapter can't be as productive as any other. I am game for anything: simple chapter meetings somewhere, wrenching sessions, junkyard trips, anything...provided I am not on duty at work.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I'm down for doing whatever as well.. I may not wrench with you guys because I don't know what to do.. but you always need a girl around to fetch drinks and stuff don't you? hehe :) Finding a date where everyone is free is nearly impossible so just post a date your free and come up with an idea of what to do and we'll see who can make it and who can't.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Christy said:
I'm down for doing whatever as well.. I may not wrench with you guys because I don't know what to do.. but you always need a girl around to fetch drinks and stuff don't you? hehe :) Finding a date where everyone is free is nearly impossible so just post a date your free and come up with an idea of what to do and we'll see who can make it and who can't.
Ok, I know I am from CT, so don't attack me!! ;D
Just a few ideas,
Lunch @ some pizza place, Pick something somewhat close and make plans for it.
Wrenching party, Heck even changing the oil! Christy, if you are not that good under the hood, then plan something simple that you want to learn THEN go for pizza!
If the weather is still ok down there, go sit on the beach!
Check out the PA chapter, they ALWAYS have something going on. Even if you start by going to something there, it's a start.
Yes, you WILL feel like you are banging your head against the wall sometimes. Hint, if a meet falls apart, LET IT!! Don't go nuts trying to save a dead meet!! (bt,dt)
If you guys need/want any help, don't be afraid to ask another chapter, most any of them will help if they can.
Biggest thing, find SOMETHING that most of you would be willing to drive a bit to do!!! THAT will help get a chapter meet to work!
Chris

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I wish I could attend some of the meets out in PA but my truck won't make it that far. If we choose a nice central location in Jersey, that will probably be the middle of all members, it shouldn't be too far from me since I live in central jersey. But it all depends on what people want to do. There isn't too many nights or weekends left at Raceway Park anymore so everyone just has to throw ideas out I suppose.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts