Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is that small item with have to deal with on occasion called LIFE... {wave}

The other minor distraction we all have to deal with is WORK. {wave}

Not to mention we are all scattered out in a large state, with low-geared Mopars...

I would love to have a chapter get together in the middle of the state... Unfortunately, according to my calculations, the middle would be Kirtland Air Force Base. I don't think the military boys would appreciate us climbing nuke bunkers in our trucks... ::)

Mike

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are right, New Mexico is so much larger than Texas....
Had any members from west Texas show up at your get-togethers?

And what I mean is like San Angelo, Abilene, Lubbock, Big Springs, Odessa, Midland...

·
Registered
584 Posts
What I would like to know is, how many NM members out there and where are they located? Once we figure that out, maybe, just maybe, we can all get together at one place that won't cause to much grief of boost oil prices. Even though most of us a turning 4 grand @65mph, it should not stop up from driving on the highway. Those of you still building (and who isn't), this might be the incentive to get those projects done. And you desert dog, April, 03, I am getting out the paint gun and attacking my truck, yours is next!

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Texass stole our land !
Paintball guns, ok, I have an autococker, lets play....
I am ready for wheelin, lets go !!!!
Drew bitches too much, next time your in a mud hole we might leave you in it...LMFAO.....{smoke}

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Well, check me on the "Membership" in New Mexico... and please advise of changes needed...

Smokey - Alamogordo/Holloman
dodgeman - Las Cruces
RAMbitious - Las Cruces
ElPasoRam - El Paso
CrazyWillie - Albuq-RioR
Desert Dog - Albuq-RioR
Webbcraft - Albuq-RioR
Kyser - Albuq-RioR
Power Ram (aka RolloverRam) Roswell
Greasemonkey - Clovis
Ram-O-Mudd - Carlsbad

SkySho - Oregon (but has a Brother in Cloudcroft) ;D ::)

Brew - Honorary (probably should be "Onery") Member ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
New Mexico: 1,819,046 people/121,364 square miles
or 15 people per sq. miles (2002 Rand McNally figures)
121,364 square miles/ and 11? NM chapter members
or 11,033 square miles per member
Texas: 20,851,820 people/261,914 square miles
or 80 people per square mile (5 times NM)
261,914 square miles/ and ? TX chapter members
for how many square miles per member there
There will always be scheduling issues. It is always easier to get a workable number when there is a larger pool from which to draw participants.

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Dang, for a state that brags about "wide open spaces", Texas sure is crowded :eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's a good point, Brew. I spent my first 36 years in the Lone Star State & know what you mean. Most family & "all my exes" still live in Texas. But I'm content in the wide open spaces of NM. C'mon back here anytime, there's still room.

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
And then there's the Pecos, Fort Stockton and Marfa vicinity, where there really isn't anything at all for many many many miles.

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
I aint even been on the NM board for a while ,,but im still thinking that Elephant Butte is still the most "central" place tween here and there for all the listed NM members and since im familiar with it,,,im still sayin Las Cruces has the best wheelin,,,lol ;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
It has been a while since i looked at the board myself.Has anyone made a decision on an event?

Maybe a get together sometime soon?

Just curious!

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
No plans that I've heard of, Christmas and family stuff, and cold weather.... I'm stayin' in for a while... but if us southerners could get together... say maybe at Chopie's for supper, that'd be cool...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Smokey said:
No plans that I've heard of, Christmas and family stuff, and cold weather.... I'm stayin' in for a while... but if us southerners could get together... say maybe at Chopie's for supper, that'd be cool...
That sounds good.let me know of a date and some direction's and i will go.Hopefully the wife will be off,cold weather makes the hospital life very busy!

Just let me know,i am off until Jan.6.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Desert_Dog said:
Had any members from west Texas show up at your get-togethers?

And what I mean is like San Angelo, Abilene, Lubbock, Big Springs, Odessa, Midland...
And El Paso too dude.. Texas chapter but closer to you guys

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Indeed, ONE loooong day across TX.  We do run to San Antonio occasionally, and Ive been across the middle to Shreveport...which was really loooooong, and across the panhandle several ways numerous times.

Anyways, as you can tell by the dates in the posts above, we really don't have an organized chapter, just a scattering of anarchists.  Three of us did get together once, and I've met four in person...

Have fun in El Paso !  Did you get there with the build up at Bliss ?  I'm a retred at Holloman.

Best wishes, Smokey

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Just a note to let "all" (any?) of the NM members know that rumors of my demise are preverifications; but life sure has been obnoxious for several years.

I didn't get the better position that I manned successfully for two years in addition to my own duties, and the new Supervisor is an ass.  I have a new knee of somethings like teflon and unobtainium alloy, and will probably get the other one replaced in the next few years.  Mom died and Dad went into long term care leaving me their house, shed and garage full of stuff and memories to deal with.  My son finished college and was medically retired from the Marine Reserves, then moved to LV, NV, to take a job that lasted 6 weeks til budget cuts closed the program,... then he found another that lasted almost a year but was also eliminated due to business changes... so he's stuck in an unsellable house with a high mileage Explorer...  The daughter in Orlando, FL, has quit paying for the car we financed for her and doesn't answer the phone or mail. 

It's not all bad.  The daughter and son-in-law in Las Cruces are doing well in Grad School.  We've just finished our last year of High School Band Parent activities as the youngest is graduating and moving in with the Las Cruces sister to go to college at NMSU.  My wife's nonprofit continues to provide shelter and counseling for battered families, despite some State budget cuts, with local fund raising and grant writing.  I've been on the Board of Directors of the local Habitat affiliate for 8 years, during which we've put over 100 people into their own homes, averaging 3 houses a year.  We've won Energy Star awards and are building LEED Silver houses with photovoltaic panels to help keep the cost of home ownership within reach of very low income families.

And. at the least, I've got 2 years and 7 months till full retirement.  If the stock market (and my 401) continues to stagger back toward more reasonable levels, I may retire right then... if it takes a bit longer, I'll work a bit longer.  After that, I'm going to attend RCC events and go visit folks I've met here, as well as old friends scattered over the country.

My Old Smokey still runs just fine, a few whacks on the pedal to wake up the dry accelerator pump, and it fires right up...  The homestyle-used-parts rebuild of the tranny still works well, although it likes a few minutes of warm-up before moving with enthusiasm... Sort of like me at this age.

Cheers,  JR

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
God Bless you dude... Hope your over the hump now..
When I feel things are going south in my life I remember the following:
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

Smokey said:
Just a note to let "all" (any?) of the NM members know that rumors of my demise are preverifications; but life sure has been obnoxious for several years.

I didn't get the better position that I manned successfully for two years in addition to my own duties, and the new Supervisor is an ass. I have a new knee of somethings like teflon and unobtainium alloy, and will probably get the other one replaced in the next few years. Mom died and Dad went into long term care leaving me their house, shed and garage full of stuff and memories to deal with. My son finished college and was medically retired from the Marine Reserves, then moved to LV, NV, to take a job that lasted 6 weeks til budget cuts closed the program,... then he found another that lasted almost a year but was also eliminated due to business changes... so he's stuck in an unsellable house with a high mileage Explorer... The daughter in Orlando, FL, has quit paying for the car we financed for her and doesn't answer the phone or mail.

It's not all bad. The daughter and son-in-law in Las Cruces are doing well in Grad School. We've just finished our last year of High School Band Parent activities as the youngest is graduating and moving in with the Las Cruces sister to go to college at NMSU. My wife's nonprofit continues to provide shelter and counseling for battered families, despite some State budget cuts, with local fund raising and grant writing. I've been on the Board of Directors of the local Habitat affiliate for 8 years, during which we've put over 100 people into their own homes, averaging 3 houses a year. We've won Energy Star awards and are building LEED Silver houses with photovoltaic panels to help keep the cost of home ownership within reach of very low income families.

And. at the least, I've got 2 years and 7 months till full retirement. If the stock market (and my 401) continues to stagger back toward more reasonable levels, I may retire right then... if it takes a bit longer, I'll work a bit longer. After that, I'm going to attend RCC events and go visit folks I've met here, as well as old friends scattered over the country.

My Old Smokey still runs just fine, a few whacks on the pedal to wake up the dry accelerator pump, and it fires right up... The homestyle-used-parts rebuild of the tranny still works well, although it likes a few minutes of warm-up before moving with enthusiasm... Sort of like me at this age.

Cheers, JR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts