Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think my local muffler shops are going to work on my '79 TD since some one de-catted it. Someday I will get the 440 in there, but for now I thought I would just buy some Walker/ebay pieces for the 318 to get rid of the leaky/noisy mess that's on there now.

My question is: All of the y pipes on ebay are listed for '80+, will they fit a '79?  They all are center dump on both sides.  ???

·
Administrator
62,266 Posts
Yes. The 80 & later has the pass side exhaust with the vacuum controlled heat risor, which makes that side manifold a tad longer, but the pipe still fits. The drivers side has like 2 45 deg bends, so it will clear the CAD unit on the axle, so it will look a bit different, but still work fine. I don't know how the exit end compares, as I was redoing all the way back.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome,  I'll be looking forward to getting the noise out the back. I'm at the age that I like a good sound but not so loud.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mojack said:
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to getting the noise out the back. I'm at the age that I like a good sound but not so loud.
Walker SoundFX muffler.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Welded chamber style mufflers are my go-to. Had Flowmasters in the past. Jeep currently has a Thrush. Same sound characteristic. Heavy gauge steel construction lasts a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.