Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice RC, one comment tho and i'm sure you knew you'd hear this one....Running boards? ewwwwww i'd loose them if i were you

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
alternative profile pic

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The runnung boards were on it when I bought it. I think a lady owned it before me. It was too clean inside to be a mans truck. I've already taken the bug shield off and the running boards are next.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
very nice r/c, i have one almost like yours, but an '85. what colors are are the 2-tone? i think thats the color that i want for my truck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lighter color is a silver and the darker one is a grey. It's got the factory paint on it. I bought the RC for $900 last February and have slowly been working on it. It's only got 85,000 miles on it too. The 318 is just starting to get broke in. I can't wait to lift it!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
um.... no :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C'mon YankeeHick ya know ya want 'em. I'll give 'em to ya. ;D I'll even pay the shipping! ;D Okay guess I'll have to use them for a boat anchor or something.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the exact same truck even same stuff i took my bug shield and runnin boards off the day i got er. When i took the bug shield off i got a 4 inch gash down my had. Oh well the truck looks nicer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought I would post a pic of the RC without the running boards to prove that I removed them. I'm usuing them to hold my 360 off the ground, they work great for that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
looks alot better now.....{smoke}

THE ROCKIES ROCK ! !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a pic of the new motorvation for the RC. Obviously it'll need a little work. It's a 1972 360 block, standard bore. I'll have to bore it .030 because of the rust but thats all on the surface. It was already hot-tanked when I got it and then sat for a few years. The best thing is, it was FREE

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
wow, wycowboy, looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you! it's all fun work, tho. :) keep us posted on your progress, if you would. you know how we all love pics!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know and I will ;D thats why I posted the engine pics. I also plan on doing a how-to with pics since it'll be a 318 to 360 swap. There seems to be a lot of questions on the subject.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
So, any progress with the new motor?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts