Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Those pipes look crazy enough to be a reason to do it. But in all actuality, Other than going maximum RPM at full speed, pipes like that will actually take away direct torque, there is a percentage of back pressure needed to make higher amounts of torque increasing acceleration from a stop or slower speeds. So for trucks/off road vehicles and such should always have some back pressure. In fact there is a race team down here I often get help from, They race only Mopars and that is the only reason why I know them. Even on there drag racers they putt slight cups at the tips to give a little bit of back pressure and have noticed better 1/4 mile time. But your method must intimidate the rest so go for it ;D I have also confirmed this with a custom exhaust shop around here. A similar comparison (But Different) is why Dual Plane Intakes give more torque than single plane intakes and also would be recommended for a heavier vehicle.

· Registered
251 Posts
I know I sound like an ass hole, I cant get around that I was born one. But I am the nicest one you will ever know. Wish my RC could take that kinda punishment. I got mine air born and the damn C Clip in the rear broke. (I drove home) not even knowing it, 20 miles. noticed my wheel was sticking out about 4", I gave up. do you have any recommendations for reinforcing anything?

· Registered
251 Posts
NO man you didnt, I was worried I DID, and I better stay away from that kind of punishment if your frames are cracking. damn man, thanks ;D And hey Im actually most likely the most ignorant one on the board when it comes to knowing tech things. ??? I am often asking basic questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.