Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, www.books4cars.com i thought was a hidden gem. $67 later i learned wrong. While browsing their site, i found a fsm for my truck. I thought cool! The price looked great..so i placed my order. 3 days later they tell me its out of stock. So i ask when they get stock. 7 days i'm told. So in 8 days i ask them when i'm getting my book. They tell me its shipped. All is good, 5 days later i get my fsm. It is NOTHING but a photo copied fsm. How freaking nice. $67 spent for a damn xerox copied fsm. I guess my expectations are to high, but i was kind of expecting an originial. I sure wish they would have told me this. Some of the pages arent aligned properly. And now i have to dump some more cash into a 3 ring binder, just so i can read this thing. This is what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, i got a call today from the guy at books4cars.com today, he said that he didn't have any originals but would find me one and exchange it. And to email him with the page numbers that are crooked, and he'll get me a good copy of them.

And apparently they do keep originals there (or so i'm told), so if you guys do decide to get one from them...maybe shoot them an email and ask if they have an original

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
well, i got a call today from the guy at books4cars.com today, he said that he didn't have any originals but would find me one and exchange it. And to email him with the page numbers that are crooked, and he'll get me a good copy of them.

And apparently they do keep originals there (or so i'm told), so if you guys do decide to get one from them...maybe shoot them an email and ask if they have an original
well nick they had to have an original to be able to get copies in the first place. sucks that this happened

eric

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Especially when you can get an FSM from the dealer for not a whole lot more than that, it doesn't seem like a good deal. I would think it was illegal, and would be worth looking into. I suppose that if you had bought it for $10, you wouldn't be complaining.....

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Hmm... I bought a '77 and a '88 FSM from them 4 months ago, and both were originals in decent shape. I also bought a '72 Challenger book from them a month later, and it was an original too.

They do buy and sell the books they offer; maybe someone sent them a bogus photocopied book, and it got through the cracks in their seams. I don't know them personally, but in the two dealings I had with them, they came through both times with flying colors. :-\

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy told me on the phone (Alex Voss) that they didn't have an original, so he sent me a photo copy. For the same price of course.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Sounds pretty shady to me Nick. Thanks for the warning though; I'll keep it in mind the next time I need a book from them. :mad:

They are going to honor an exchange or refund though, right? It's the least they can do.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well he said he'd find me an original. But i figured thats probably a way to shut me up. I sent him an email saying that i'd like to return it for my money back, this was last friday...no reply yet.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i called today, he said that he found me an original and he will have it in 2 weeks. I told him to send me a shipping label with it so i can return this one. He says just let him know the shipping costs and he'll reimburse me. Yeah right.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
called him back and told him he's getting it back. I asked if he'd be reimbursing me for the shipping. He said under the circumstances, no. Then i kind of blew up. Under the circumstances this guy has screwed me. So i'm out $10 or whatever it costs to ship. And to be perfectly honest. With the way it looks like he does business. I dont think i'll be getting my money back. So we'll see. I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Go to kinko's and copy it before you send it back ;D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i know its a little late but i have dealt with these guys many many times and i have seen their shop. its just a few miles from my house. as far as i have seen they have all factory manuals and maybe just MAYBE a few authorized reprints.. but everything i have bought has been original exept one book whitch was authorized by mercedes. and as for customer service never had a problem with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.