Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went exploring under my 79 TD this morning and found this...

This next one is a little blurry...

From what I can tell, it's a RV battery. I can only fathom that it was used to power all the nifty electronics when this vehicle was a fire command vehicle. So, how much do these things weigh? Maybe I can make a smuggling box to put in its place. ;)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
its a secondary battary you gessed it all the nifty electronics that the fire department had in there.... personally i would trace the wireing to find out if it is still hooked to anything important and if not pull it... save some weight.....
as far as weight goes those batteries are about 30-40lbs.... as for the bracketry and housing prolly another 30lbs maybe??? if ya want maybe i could help ya in the removal??? ;D just a thought

·
Administrator
60,662 Posts
I'm having a hard time guessing the size, but I'd bet the weight to be in the 100 lb range, it looks a lot bigger then a reg battery.
Also you can see that the ground cable is disconnected.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
gee looks heavy..oh and is that a crack on the bottom plate??

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KThaxton said:
Jeeez! is this the first time you crawled under your RC? ;D ;D
Of course not! ;D But it is the first time I noticed this battery, LOL!

Hey moparPW200guy, If ya don't mind getting a little greasy, sure, I'd love the help! :D BTW, do you know any good mechanics that won't try to rip me off while replacing axle u-joints and stuff? My front end needs some TLC. :\'(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I can understand that quite well. That's a rig underbelly, but I've only *now* found the previous owner rigged some aftermarket heater or so (so far, did not found any "on" switch, and the wires are a mess to trace) into my *interior* :D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
actually i do.... Lens automotive. your truck is new enough that they'll work on it. 425-641-4880 give them a call.. a buddy of mine has been going there for over 15 yrs and only had to take a car back twice.....email me and we'll get together bout fixin stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.