Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to buy a factory original SWB standard cab 72-78 truck 440/727 Power Wagon. Looking for very good condition very original. I know it's a tall order but I don't have a project in me right now. I'd definitely consider one with very good body just needing engine overhaul though! Any color though don't really like black or white. I will also consider a factory shorty 440 two wheel drive but really looking for 4wd.

I know they are valuable and I won't low ball or offend you. My favorites are 77/78 and the two tone browns, oranges, greens even. Thanks. Larry

[email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
if memory serves me correctly......i saw a 78 SWB 440 in the Valley Trader (Stephens City, VA) in the 5/10 edition

yep. 78 Macho W150, factory 440....etc. 5k clear title. more details in the ad

link to paper: valley trader

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thank you I will at least check. I really want to find a non-project and am willing to pay the price. Just don't have a project in me now. BUT, I thank you for the information!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,865 Posts
...another thought is consider this - unless you have quantum dollars to put towards a fully restored machine you may need to consider getting something that is running/driving and otherwise 'all there' and maybe just needs some TLC, which likely will not be a full 'project'...?

- Sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not looking for a pristine trailer queen. Maybe I should've been more clear, sorry. I want a driver. I did write I don't mind an engine overhaul if that's needed (I think I did :)) I just don't want heavily modified, missing parts, RUST, and I am willing to wait and pay the price. It'll come along eventually, and I'm not in a hurry. I should've grabbed this one 1978 Dodge Power Wagon W150 4x4 This is exactly what I'm looking for. Original, all there, factory equipped, not perfect but ready to go. I would've gone higher, but I that time I was perfectly satisfied with my '79 SWB factory 360-4. Runs great no rust. But the 440 thing is grabbing me strong now and so is the factory original.. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,865 Posts
I hear ya. I had a really nice 78 W150 club cab 4x4 with a factory 440/auto and man do I wish I'd had the foresight to keep it - it was the perfect example of a 70's era Dodge truck - totally factory everything...but oh well...

Reactions: lsm360

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,461 Posts
Wow, what a cool looking truck that yellow Power Wagon is. I LOVE the turbines! I know how Max feels about owning a factory 440 truck is like and then regretting selling it. I miss my '77 440 Ramcharger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've owned '67 Utiline swb, poly 318, three-on-tree, '79 Adventurer standard cab, swb, 318/727, factory a/c, and my latest now '79 W150 swb, std. cab factory 360-4. I've never owned a Mopar with a 440 and everyone should :) I've had built 360's and lots of the venerable 318's and one slant six but it's time for a 440.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks I did see both those but I'm sticking to 440/727 and waiting it out so I get exactly what I'm looking for. I have SWB W150 360-4. That yellow one has been for sale a very long time. Thank you though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts