Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Been bugging me for some time, an am wondering if adding a cam would affect the fuel system on my EFI Truck. Say I wanted an RV cam for better pulling, would it screw the whole system up to where it would not run worth anything, like the mixture and such?

I'm NOT putting a cam in the Truck, I'm looking at retrofitting an EFI setup ('89-ish TBI) to a 318 or 360 car. Its not gonna be hard at all studying the wiring diagrams. BUT, that car is going to have a cam in it (to what extent I'm not sure of) and I'm curious if a cam affects the fuel system and the computer.

·
Registered
31,404 Posts
the only problem l can see would be with the MAP[manifold air pressure] sensor / if the motor makes to much or not enuf vaccuum it would make the motor run either to rich or lean / but you could use some type of vaccuum amplifyer or reducer to get around it / is the system yer gonna use have one or two 02 sensors

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Some of the cam manufactures make cams for computer controled engines. I think crane makes one for the dodge TBI engines. Not positive though

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Actually Lunati i know makesa cam for EFI dodge's well TBI as well . Also some computer chip upgrade will be needed as well .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.