Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.Hope you can help me. My boyfriend has a 98 Dodge Ram pickup (360). It won't start when it's below freezing.As soon as it's warm out, no problem. Does anyone know what's causing this and what process of elimination we could use?
Thanks for your help, ;D Stephy

·
Registered
29,708 Posts
howdy stephy and welcome to the board / l,d start {PUN} with the TEMP sensor or the IAT [intake air temp] sensor / if either one of these is bad it wont run when cold out / the TEMP sensor acts as the choke on a F.I. motor till its running then the lAT takes over / you might also wanna check this site for a TSB http://dodgeram.info/tsb/index.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
maybe it's just something as simple as water in the fuel system...might have gotten a bad tankful recently...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea fuel line freeze up can and will happen if it is constantly changing from warm to cold outside and you dont have much fuel in the tank. try keeping more fuel in the tank when its cold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Bummo, I'm going with your answer. LOL

He put dry gas in it to take care of any bad gas (Hehehehe) he might of had.

But truly we're gonna go with Bogger's answer. We think it is the IAT. Hopefully we'll get it done this weekend. Thanks for all the input, it's nice to know there are still people out there that like to help.
Stephy

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Bummo said:
Maybe he's saying it wont start cause he doesnt want to go out into the cold to drive you to work. Keep you eye on the odometer.
Ahhhh...the warm, fuzzy feeling of autostart. Press a button, sleep for 15 more minutes ;D

I would have suggested some fuel system drier too...but that didn't work....

-SM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts