Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 Ramcharger automatic four-wheel drive and the previous owner says that they tried to hook up a head unit and obviously didn't know what they were doing so they've cut or damage something in the harness that I can't seem to figure out the truck does not turn over with the key and with the test light I only have one hot wire going into the ignition switch and getting no power out and when manually crank over the engine from the engine compartment never get any spark out of the ignition coil does anybody have any ideas of what could cause this problem

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
88? with a throttle body or a carb? ,  should be 2 hots into switch , there are fuseable links on the driver side fenderwell . Contact member Dodgeboys by e mail , give him all your auto's info , he can help with wire diagrames that you really should have handy to repair damage done .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's a 1988 and it's a throttle body and I have a Chilton with some of the wiring diagrams but some of them don't really show anything for the 88

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
chiltons is good for fire starter , you need a factory manual , I don't make anything for telling you that , try dodgeboys or e bay , pay the $ its worth it .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Replace your ignition switch with the battery disconnected, and when you hook up the new ignition switch if there is an extra wire hanging around like uncle joe at the bar then you will be able to match it up to the one that was wrongfully hooked up to the cd player head unit. Someone used the ignition wire to supply power to the cd player head unit instead of the head unit auxiliary factory wiring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.