Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28,509 Posts
I studied the wiring diagram over and it seems to be a bare bones ignition. Which I'm fine with. I don't have all the sensors and....crap. I just wanted a simple little six.
for that to happen you need to wire it just like the diagram below

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lol. Almost too long to count. You have 39.5 years more experience with MOPAR than I do. I studied the wiring diagram over and it seems to be a bare bones ignition. Which I'm fine with. I don't have all the sensors and....crap. I just wanted a simple little six.
Here’s an ‘82 with a /6 being parted out in MI. Should have a basic harness with everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here’s an ‘82 with a /6 being parted out in MI. Should have a basic harness with everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank you for the info. I'm in Southern Indiana, so that might be too far.
But i got the wiring sorted to the ballast last night. One side was constant 12 and the other jumped to 12 while starting with key. However, when I hook my coil - to pin 4 I loose power on that terminal. I unhook it and I got it back. I'm thinking I may have the distributor wires backwards or does it matter?

·
Registered
28,509 Posts
Dist wires should be as the diagram above / the GREY/BLACK is ground / BROWN/WHITE is power

21 - 24 of 24 Posts