Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,ive been looking for a wiring harness (engine and behind dash) for my 85RC prospector and i cant find one anywhere.dont know if its the crappy afghan internet or if im just that unlicky that i cant find one.
Does anybody know where to get wiring harnesses?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I don't believe there is an exact aftermarket out there if that's what you're looking for. So your choices are to find one used by searching on ebay, craigslist for a part-out, etc. You might also post in the classified section here under parts wanted. Other options are to go with a aftermarket set (which is what I did on my 78). The one time I spliced in a second hand under dash wiring harness I got from the junkyard, it too was bad! I'm not saying you will get a bad one but just inspect it really well when you get it and even then there's no guarantees. I wasted a lot of time going that route and learned my lesson from it so to speak-but maybe I was just unlucky. The other option is to rebuild yours one wire at a time. I don't know about the newer models so maybe someone here can give you the year(s) of compatibility for an '85.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
unless your harness is missing or burned up in a total fire , I suggest repairing yours . there arn't any plug/play harness for our trucks made , and if your able to wire one of the "replacement" ones available , then you have capability of repairing your's easier , the ones that say they fit , need that much work to make them fit anyway ..  its not that hard , and a factory wiring diagram from dodgeboys ,( member here ) would help . see one of his posts for his blue email address ....

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
Ramcharger1504x4 said:
Hey yall,ive been looking for a wiring harness (engine and behind dash) for my 85RC prospector and i cant find one anywhere.dont know if its the crappy afghan internet or if im just that unlicky that i cant find one.
Does anybody know where to get wiring harnesses?
'85 isn't a bad year to rewire. I did it - one wire at a time. Bought GXL wire, a quality crimper, and factory terminals. I removed my crappy Lean Burn while I was at it and eliminated tons of unnecessary and confusing wiring at the same time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if yours wasnt in a fire i suggest rebuilding it thats what i plan on doing with my 88 get some good quality bulk wire and good terminals and such there is no excat fit for these trucks there is universal though

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.