Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal, I've got a '75 Power Wagon, 360 2v/727 sitting in my shop, and I promiced the owner it would be fixed tomorrow moring when he came to pick it up.

The truck has no lights, guages, and won't start w/ the key. (it will crank with a push button start, but won't fire.)

So what do ya'll think? I can't find a fusible link any where on this thing, and my chiltons is MIA.

Thanks,
-Steve C.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There should be a fusible link coming off the starter relay. However I think your problem is the amp meter itself. If I remember correctly all power goes through it. I blew the gauge out on my TD after installing the 100 amp factory alt. Nothing worked not even the dome light. You can bypass the gauge by connecting the two wires going to it together. The factory used 6 gauge? wire and bypassed the firewall connector and went through a hole directly above on trucks with factory installed 100 amp alt.. The hole has a dimple on trucks not equipped with the 100 amp alt. Hope that helps Mike

·
2,317 Posts
there is more links towards the firewall on the inner fender. there was a post about a site about bypassing the amp gauge. i will try to find it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Burned connection at the bulk head, all fixed, thanks!
-Steve C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts