Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my 20 year old wireing is kicking my ass.i was wondering if any of you guy knew were i could get a new wireing kit?i have pro jection and dumped the lean burn (i love it BTW)but the wiers to the starter are craped and all the conneters keep comeing lose my blinkers dont work.i was wonder is there some kit or even half a kit to replace this wires or i i have to do it 1 at a time???

·
Registered
509 Posts
Depends on what kind of money you are dishing out and what you want to add to your truck. If you are gonna rewire it individually I would say set up relay panel and run from there (ex: headlites, injection, fuel pump,etc) with the relays you can wire teh ground to fault if you lose oil pressure or whatever is neccassary for that circuit.

Could replace it with a OEM harness which would be expensive but easy.

Could just replace the damaged circuits with like colored wires

Not sure if Painless makes a wire kit for the trucks, I have one in a mutt car I am working on and although I am happy with the quality and simplicity I would rather have bought the fuse block and run relays.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would not need the OEM harness because i have gotting rid of the lean burn.so im guessing im going to have to tear in to the dash and star from there because its all getting pritty bad

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would recommend you do what Slampig suggested, and use relays. Relays are a great source of protection, and they also prevent you from running higher current carrying wire through the cab and for extended lengths. Relays offer a great deal of flexibility when running electronic accessories. No matter what route you take, purchase a good quality set of wire crimpers and terminals. The packs of 1000 crimp terminals for $1 aren’t built to last for the long haul and the colored inulation usually falls off. Back when I had a hook-up I purchased some Snap-On crimpers that work awesome. They are part # PWC30. My friend is an electrician and he has a pair of Klein Tool crimpers. I haven’t used them but they look pretty much the same for a lot less. The Klein is part # J1005. If you want to go the relay route and need help setting up a schematic, e-mail me or post your concerns and I can help you out. [email protected]
Streak-O-Lean

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
I pull them colored insulation things off anyways and crimp, solder and heat shring the connection. Most of the time at least. Sometimes I may get lazy on a non-important low load deal and crimp and tape, but usually I get annoyed and end up redoing it in the future sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.