Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure nobody has seen this before. "I new to this site" I have a 88 2wheel drive with a 318 "Jasper engine"

So far it is very helpful.

Need help, My wireharness needs to be replace both engine and dash. I bought the truck off a friend and it sat for over a year and wires are dryrott. I had to replace the starter and ign. switch to get it running again. Also did plugs and wires. Ran good. Install duals, ran better (bad cat. converter). Then about a month ago a push rod went thru the rocker arm. I replaced both and fired the truck back up and wiring started to smoke. Did run till I turn it off and lost all batter power.

Any good place to look for one or does anybody carry new ones?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
well u can replace all the wiring by getting a kit form Painlesss Performance or loook on hte classifieds here on the site for a harness or get one from a bone yard rig .

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
yeah, i laid mine out and redid parts of it, worked pretty well. best bet would be to get one out of a junker in good shape.

JJ

JJ

·
Registered
30,039 Posts
l have one from a 87 360 carb RC

l have one from a 87 360 carb RC if it will fit / if you have EFI it wont

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I have an '88 318 4x4 and just ordered a used wiring harness (full engine) from Nationalautoparts.com. They could only find one across their database in the whole US, but don't let that discourage you. I might not even need mine, so I will let you know if I don't. It was 195.00 and looks used. I couldn't even find one brand new, and am pretty sure they don't make 'em any more. Hope it helps...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to thank everybody for the replies.
I found a complete engine and dash harness for a 91 318, will it match up to a 88 318?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a complete engine and dash harness for a 91 318, will it match up to a 88 318?

Any help on that.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but I don't think so. The '88 is TBI, and I'm pretty sure the '91 is MPFI. Different computer plugs, plus a lot more wiring for injectors and other sensors that TBI doesn't have. I think '90 was the last year for TBI.

Matt {peace}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts