Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on my '93 W150 w/ 5.9 gas engine. While looking things over to see why I only get a "click" when turning the key, I was pulling the starter relay, and looked through what I could easily see of my wires in this area. I noticed the wire in the attached picture; it doesn't look so good. It's not in the "duck's foot" of fusible links, but it sure looks like a fusible link. As far as I know, this wiring harness has not been hacked. I bought the truck off my FIL several years ago, with only 59K on the odometer. He had a trailer brake setup installed when he bought it new, either at the dealer or at the camper dealer he bought his camper from. I haven't had a lot of time to go through the FSM on it yet. Anybody recognize the wire? Is it just a wire, or a fusible link? Sure looks like something got it hot.
Wood Gas Twig Metal Building material

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
yup thats a separate fusible and is for the "hazzard flashers and headlights/lighting "

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
you gots a short [ trailer wiring is the most common lighting malfunction ]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dean, thanks! While the turn signals are not an issue, this truck hasn't had working hazard flashers since way before I bought it off my FIL. I will also start looking at my trailer light wiring for issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts