Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am losing my stuff.... Bushings went out on the wiper assembly so I replaced all the bushings, I took the assembly out and put it back in the exact way it was installed already. Problem now is my driver side wiper blade wipes off the windshield so I have it set in the park position as far down the windshield as possible and it still wipes off the side of the windshield. The wipers are proper size, can someone tell me what to adjust or I'm gonna get admitted to a insane asylumn.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Swap the pivots side to side, the passenger side wipes farther since it's not on the edge of the windshield.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you mention setting the park position. how do you do this? my wipers stop about 1/3 way up the windshield but are just right when wiping.

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
Elwenil said:
Swap the pivots side to side, the passenger side wipes farther since it's not on the edge of the windshield.
Ditto. Many of us have learned the hard way that the two pivots are not the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would switching the sides mess up the new bushings?

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
Not likely, unless you damage one taking them apart. I have taken many apart, and never broke a new one.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Yeah, it's the old yellow ones that have gotten brittle and break. New ones should be ok to pop loose, especially if they are the softer Mopar ones.

wespiece1 said:
you mention setting the park position. how do you do this? my wipers stop about 1/3 way up the windshield but are just right when wiping.
It's a bit of trial and error. You pull the wiper are and just move it a couple splines and try again. Be sure to spray water on the windshield when testing as I've had them work perfectly with the drag of a dry windshield but as soon as it rains they smack the bottom over and over. ;D

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
ViperTruck said:
Would switching the sides mess up the new bushings?
Doesn't really matter... they're made in China now so they won't last very long anyways.
I did an update on my truck a few years back to get rid of that problem.
I 'll dig around in my forum page tomorrow and post it here.

In the meantime... if you have more time than myself... feel free to dig here...
https://ramchargercentral.com/mopar-trucks/my-'74-power-wagon-i-ordered-from-dodge-on-873/

It's in there some place. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
I got sick of the stupid things popping apart on me so I drilled a hole through the new bushing and replaced the stud with a small bolt and nylock nut. Works good as new.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
wespiece1 said:
Put the linkage back together, run the wiper motor without the arms installed, turn it off and let the motor park. Line up the splines on the arms with the splines on the pivot about where you want them to park then install them one spline up the window from there. They always seem to park lower with the blades vs without.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I've always run the original replacement Mopar bushings with no issues.  I typically replace them when I buy another '70s or '80s Dodge truck and they easily last me the decade or more than I keep the truck.  The current ones on my Ramcharger have been there since I bought it in '06 and are still working fine.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Elwenil said:
I've always run the original replacement Mopar bushings with no issues. I typically replace them when I buy another '70s or '80s Dodge truck and they easily last me the decade or more than I keep the truck. The current ones on my Ramcharger have been there since I bought it in '06 and are still working fine.
Oh yeah... "original replacement Mopar bushings" are great!
Where in the world do you find those?
All I ever find is Made in China crap.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Any dealership, Mopar part number 3799089.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
I dig Kurts fix and it looks like the way to go. This happened before he posted it:

Dorman 49440 is the blister pack with 2 bushings in it. IF yer local parts store still stocks it, they'll hit ya for 3 bucks each and ya need two packs. Dorman 118301 a shop service box with 10 bushings in it. Current RockAuto price is $4.90. I bought (4) boxes because I have a lot of cars that use them and spares are good. Can't speak to current quality but 5 or 10 years ago they were the real deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.