Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We keep plenty busy during the Summer months, and have RJ as a get together oppertunity. Winter seems to drag, with less wheeling oppertunities. What about a RCC convention at a large hotel somewhere? A good chance to meet everyone here. Could have fund raisers for the site, invite Dodge related vendors, informational meetings, social meetings each evening...a chance to get everyone in a single room at one time.

Maybe no one else would be interested...just thinking about how boring winter is to me.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
A good idea indeed, maybe closer to Virginia?? I know there are some great hotels around here with huge convention areas! ;D

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I think it's a great idea. We can all sit around and drink some brews (or sodas if prefered), get to know each other a little better and swap some stories. I'm with TD79'sGirl location wise. ;D it would be easier for me to travel on the east coast as we're getting pretty busy in work. Also, if this becomes an annual event, maybe the location can change each year to accomidate everyone. Just a thought.

Ian

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sounds like a great idea....and I have to concur with TD79's Girl and Ramtuff, an east coast location would work best for us as well ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
How about the marriot in NY the same day that Nascar is there for there award ceremony (this way if a chevy wins the championship a dodge will be close by to drive over it)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Well hmm intresting enough not like flying isn't cheap as hell now right ? Might be a good odea u got their Wyz . I wold be up for it .

bt83rc

G

·
Sounds like a great idea there Wyz. I would opt for a more central location though. Someplace like Kansas City or Denver would make it easier for the most members to get to. I would fly to any place except Denver anyway since it would be winter.

·
Registered
0 Posts
We may have to do it in areas of location: East, Central, Mountain, West. Everyone is going to want it to be close to them, and it will always be not close enough to someone. I just found out that I get to do six day workweeks through Nov. and Dec., so I doubt I will be going anywhere.

Randall

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Good idea! I'd have to agree with Randall though about locations. Maybe a centralized east and west area...western Virginia or eastern Kentucky, and Denver seems to be central to the western members.

·
5,138 Posts
Evildriver_3 said:
How about the marriot in NY the same day that Nascar is there for there award ceremony (this way if a chevy wins the championship a dodge will be close by to drive over it)
I agree with you. I definitely think that it would be worth the trip to NY just to be there the same time as the NASCAR guys.

G

·
wycowboy said:
Sounds like a great idea there Wyz. I would opt for a more central location though. Someplace like Kansas City or Denver would make it easier for the most members to get to. I would fly to any place except Denver anyway since it would be winter.
Yeah what wycowboy said. Flying into Denver piece of cake it only snows in the mountains and when the Broncos play the Raiders. ;D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Splitting it up defeats the purpose of getting everybody together, kinda. Why don't you schedule it near one of Southwest Airline's airports, or in the city of the airport. Their fares are super cheap and then flight cost wouldn't be a prohibitive factor. Hell, you'll spend more on gas getting to your nearest airport. ;D

Throwin out ideas...

MPL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts