Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1973 Dodge W100 that has chrome trim around the windshield.  I recently had the windshield replaced and the shop said the seal is different for windshields with(thinner)and without(thicker)the chrome trim.  What are the part numbers for both seals?

Does anyone know if the seal is available for windshields with the chrome trim?  This would be the thinner seal.

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
My 74 has actual stainless trim, held in by clips. Some where they changed to plastic chrome trim, that is an integral part of the seals lock strip. I do not know if the stainless trim used a different rubber seal or not. Other then that, I do not have an answer, but for someone to help, they will need to know what style trim you have.

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Hopefully someone with a parts manual can help out. I did not measure and compare the seal between my trucks, but always thought the metal trim used the same gasket, just has the metal tabs held in to mount the stainless trim.  I'll try to get down to mine, and get some comparisons.

In the meantime, for others here is some pics of the metal trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
as you can see , the "metal" trim is not part of windshield rubber . the later trim takes the place of the rubber "lock strip" . Be carefull as there is 2 different "shape" tongues on that "plastic" chrome lock strip , rear glass / front glass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.