Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the passenger door panel off and I am going to drill the rivits out so that I can remove the motor. How many are there to drill? There are the two towards the front, and two towards the back. Do I drill 4 of them, or three of them?

Thanks,

Chupacabara101

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DODGEBOYS said:
You are full of it. You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Why would you tell someone to drill out 4 rivets!! That is bad info, Dodgeboys.
Here is the good info from another post.

The rivets are used at the factory because they are cheap & fast. I would definitely bolt it back in if you remove the rivets. However, by drilling or cutting the sheet metal to access the motor screws, you don't have to remove the rivets.

You are a total screwball to mislead someone that way.

I am reporting this to an administrator.

Chupacabara101

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
both are right, there are only 3 that hold the motor in place, although there are 4 that hold the regulator in place. most drill holes in the door itself to access the 3 rivets that hold the motor on. so do that. you can do it all without removing the reg assembly. some motors have bolts to attach so keep that in mind depending on your year model. they would be 5 16 inch socket and i recommend you using a pair of vice grips to lock the reg in place as sometimes the spring loaded regulator will pop and can cut your hands.

good luck with your work

jamie

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
chupacabara101 said:
DODGEBOYS said:
You are full of it. You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Why would you tell someone to drill out 4 rivets!! That is bad info, Dodgeboys.

The rivets are used at the factory because they are cheap & fast. I would definitely bolt it back in if you remove the rivets. However, by drilling or cutting the sheet metal to access the motor screws, you don't have to remove the rivets.

Chupacabara101
Hey dude, the only jerk I see here is you.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
chupacabara101 said:
DODGEBOYS said:

Chupacabara101
Well, first off, ppl make mistakes. I'm sure he just doesn't like you and was deliberately trying to screw you up on your project. Nearly everybody here is like that. It's a cut-throat site we have here.

Secondly, if you were able to find this info to tell him off the way you did, then why the hell didn't you find it to begin with? Answer - "LAZINESS".

Finally, if I were the administrator that you reported this to, I'd ban you for life.

And now that I go back and see all your prior posts, I see that you asked these same questions about a week ago. In fact, you apparently copied and pasted that quote out of your previous thread. What's the deal, didn't like the advice you got then? Apparently YOU are the one who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about, which makes YOU the total screwball.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Zoloft works wonders... Won't get much help around here with an attitude like that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I remeber right i posted a "where to drill for window motors". I'll go back in and re-edit it. The motor is only held in by 3 bolts and one rivet that can be easily accessed by drilling and using a socket/extention combo to remove/install. If I remember correctly, the rivets only hold the spring arms and tracks in place. They can be dangerous to remove and more of a PITA to re-install.

Chupacabra, IM me if ya need some help. Let's all try to keep the testosterone off the boards.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
keep in mind jto the reason for these boards is to share a wealth of information. that is why we have the boards open to read. the testosterone is not an issue, if you look you can see the issues people had as he had posted about the same thing just recently before he started this one. we like the info to be shared in case some one else needs to do the same repair. keeping it between ims is just not necessary. that is fine regardless but as you can see he hasnt been back on the site in a while posting. so most likely not a real member rather a troll.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I bet chupacabara101 gets beat up a lot in school.

By girls.

I ran a bead of weld around where the motor for the window and the door handle attaches to the inner panel, just to help stiffen them up. I had found a few short cracks starting, and wanted to stop 'em.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I CHANGED OUT THE MOTOR IN MY 90 RC. NEED A LITTLE PATIENCE, BUT WAS VERY DOABLE. THE RIVETS HAD BEEN DRILLED OUT PRIOR TO MY GETTING TO IT. SO I JUST PROPPED THE WINDOW UP AND REMOVED THE REGULATOR AND MOTOR AS AN ASSEMBLY. AS SOMEONE STATED BEFORE, ONCE YOU REMOVE THE MOTOR MOUNTING BOLTS THE SPRING TENSION IS GOING TO SNAP BACK. I FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD WAY ::). ANYWAY I INSTALLED THE MOTOR AND REINSTALLED THE REGULATOR. THEN I JUST USED BOLTS AND SOME NYLOCK NUTS TO HOLD IT IN PLACE. HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM SINCE. HOPE THIS HELPS

·
7,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts

·
7,995 Posts
MudFlap said:
Chump said:
RCC_SaMiaM said:
JTO has a how to on this in the howto section. Simple search would of netted chupacabara101 a link to the how to.
Well, I posted a wealth of info and the link to the "how-to" in this thread. Not sure how much more we can do?
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=42876;start=0
Get off yer lazy ass and go do it for him ;D
Wow!!! I never thought of that! I'm on my way! Thx-Mudflap ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Chump said:
[quote author=MudFlap
Well, I posted a wealth of info and the link to the "how-to" in this thread. Not sure how much more we can do?
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=42876;start=0
Get off yer lazy ass and go do it for him ;D
Wow!!! I never thought of that! I'm on my way! Thx-Mudflap ;D ;D
When ya git r dun, head on over here and fix my radiator, drag link, and carb. I'm just too lazy to go do it myself. ::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts