Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
85 Dodge RC AW150. Drivers side window won't go up and down. Motor spins fine. Found bits and pieces of plastic inside the motors gear case. Worm gear and the gear the worm gear drives are fine as is the gear that drives the window regulator. Guessing there should be a short plastic piece, like a roller from a roller bearing, to wedge between the cams window regulator drive and the plastic gear driven by the worm gear. Any suggestions of a work-around to buying a new motor. Have ordered a new gear, but not sure the roller piece will come with it. Also, I could "fix" it and have it back together before the part arrives.

Thanks
MB

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
by fix it do you mean make it stay up? or make it a manual crank window?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I had the same problem and got a kit from NAPA that came with a new plastic gear and seal. Cost something like $15. That roller piece is mounted inside the plastic gear.

·
7,995 Posts
Someone on the board said they used 1/4" nuts or something similar in place of the plastic rollers...cant remember who it was.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It was I who suggested using six 1/4" nuts instead of the nylon pieces. They work great, and cost almost nothing. However, if you can get the kit for $15, you will have to weigh your options

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Make sure you thouroughly clean out the gear housing. I found all sorts of little pieces of plastic hidden in blobs of grease.

I went with the six 1/4 nuts (stainless steel of course!) and haven't had any problems since. Thanks MoparMann400!

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Parts got here before I saw the 1/4 in nut suggestions. Thanks anyway. Putting it back together, test of my memory remembering which way is up.

MB

·
Registered
810 Posts
v737d said:
Make sure you thouroughly clean out the gear housing. I found all sorts of little pieces of plastic hidden in blobs of grease.

I went with the six 1/4 nuts (stainless steel of course!) and haven't had any problems since. Thanks MoparMann400!

Cheers

Thanks, man! (although thats Moparman440, not 400) ;D
Yes, you definitely want to give it a good cleaning and get all the little pieces out of there. That old grease gets really nasty after a while, too; so clean it well.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Oooopsss guess I can't type! 440 it is!

Cv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts