Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My brother-in-law had a bit of an accident recently and the result was that he needs to replace his rear window, windshield, and driver side door window in his truck (and a new dash too, but I won't get into that right now.) He drives an `86 Dodge W150. I have some old glass left over from when I replaced the sliding rear window in my truck. Does anyone here know if there were any significant changes to the cabs between `77 and `86 that would prevent him from being able to use my old glass? I know there were some slight changes between the early `70's and later `70's cabs, but I'm not sure about the `80's cabs. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
'75.5-'93 back windows are the same. I had an issue putting an '80's winshield (not sure of the exact year) into my '77 RC, the '80's glass was thicker and didn't fit my gasket quite right, but I made it work. Side glass should be the same, but there were various vent window changes thru the years.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Okay, here it is. In '79 Dodge started using power windows and locks in trucks. Glass and regulator hardware interchanges '79-93. This is door glasses and windshield. '78 and '79 don't interchange. Also, FWIW, the cowl and hood were changed in 79.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the verdict is that the rear glass from a `77 will fit in an `86?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like he needs to find door glass from a `79 or newer also.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the recommendation Eric. I forgot about Car-Parts.com. Looks like there's a window down in Ogden for $24.00 I think I'll give them a call and see if I can snag it for my brother-in-law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts