Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinkin about installing a windage tray in my 360. My questions are:

What benefits are there to this? I have heard they add HP. How? How much? Is it enough to justify the expense and work? Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
they don't really add hp. what they do is keep oil in the crankcase and off of the rotating crank. this prevents the crank from spinning the extra weight of the clinging oil.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
For a low rev truck engine.....not worth the trouble IMHO. I really was gung-ho to add one to my 360 buildup last year til I learned more.
My spare change,
Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your building a race motor go ahead, it does make a diff at high RPM, otherwise you probably won't see a difference. But you will beable to say it's gat a windage tray (does sound cool) ;)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Windage tray helps by keeping oil from hitting the crank and being thrown all over and cutting down on the amount of oil being turned into a cloud for the crank to cut through or turbulence, a crank scraper scrapes the oil off the crank as it spins past it's scrapers, mostly this a help at higher rpms since it can make pressure on the wrong side of the piston, but adding it won't hurt you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts