Dodge RamCharger Central banner

winch solenoid wiring??

5K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Irm59YTbbp2J24 
#1 ·
o.k. Got a ramsey winch all fixed up & ready to get mounted to bumper.. next will be the solenoid wiring .. its a ramsey 8000 going to use the 2 solenoids.. going to wire the switch inside the cab... thats not the problem.. but i just don't want to short anything out....
thanks...
Will ;D

#5 ·
l know l saw it but for the life of me l cant find it / but if you go to the Ramsey site and click on Manuals and then on the winch you have / the wiring diagram for your winch is right there

#6 ·
As with any wiring project take your time and use all of the normal precautions; appropriate size wire, rubber grommets or similar when running wires through metal, and fuses where needed. If you are worried about shorting something, double check your wiring with a test light or meter before you terminate the wire. You shouldn’t have any problems.

Streak-O-Lean

#7 ·
well, can't fina a manual for this ramsey 8000.. its just too old.... but i did look up one for a newere model and got it printed out just for the solenoid wiring.. thanks...
.this is the common wiring on most... i know this will work for mine...

#8 ·
#9 ·
this is the actual winch i'm going to use.. just tore it apart, greased it up, and then re-painted.. lookin good now, but gonna look great all mounted up w/ cable ;D Then all it needs is a roller head... anyone have 1 they want to part with??

#10 ·
Is that as old as it looks? ;D

#12 ·
Thats all that matters when you need it!!

#13 ·
you ever get what you needed for this?

#14 ·
not yet... waiting on solenoids.. if i can afford then befor ram jam... also my buddy that is fabbing up the mount on my bumper can't get his welding machine to run good enough to weld right now... Go figure....Might not have a working winch befor the Jam... I gave him until thursday the 19 to Get-er-done or i'm coming after the 4x and do the few miner repairs i have to do befor the Jam...

#16 ·
Did you get a diagram I meant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.