Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,940 Posts
the only thing that worries me is sometime in early 80's i believe dodge adjusted the frame under the rear seat area to increase leg room. not absolutely sure, maybe someone has a FSM from an 80's RC to check.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
did you check out Mike's (mopar4x)) buildup in the picture section? I think there is the answer :)

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
There is a difference in rear seat floor room on the 80s trucks, I believe that the frame had a minor change in shape to accomodate the floor room. You can probably make it work if you add in a body lift for the body to clear the 70s frame.

Ed

·
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RXT said:
There is a difference in rear seat floor room on the 80s trucks, I believe that the frame had a minor change in shape to accomodate the floor room. You can probably make it work if you add in a body lift for the body to clear the 70s frame.

Ed
But the body bolts are in the same place right?

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
here is what l know [which aint much] l put an 84 cab on a 74 frame with a 3 inch body lift and it fit fine / the bolt holes lined right up / it needed the body lift to clear the divorced 205 t-case / with a 203 t-case l dont think you need the lift

1 - 7 of 7 Posts