Dodge RamCharger Central banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got quite a bit done today. My buddy wanted to take my crewcab to a car show. It's a fundraiser for the family of a 16 year old that passed away in a car accident. To get it ready, I wanted to get the front driveshaft back in it. I had a broken yoke on the front axle from some carnage a while back. I happened to have an extra so I went about changing it out. No major problem. Ran to town to get a joint and some straps... that's the problem, nobody had the straps to install the driveshaft. He just had to take it without the front driveshaft which sucks. He always takes my truck to his local shows because it's a big hit and he always cleans it up nice!!! He can borrow it anytime!
Eric Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was feeling frisky at that point so I changed the shift shaft seal to remedy the remaining small tranny leak in my wife's truck. Then I got really ambitious, it bugs me that it had 3" of rake between the front and back. Installed some new shackles and took 2" out of the rear. Looks much better!
Eric Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Even took the tailgate apart enough to replace the plastic rod holder and now it opens with the handle. It's coming together.
Eric

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Even took the tailgate apart enough to replace the plastic rod holder and now it opens with the handle. It's coming together.
Eric
I like to hear stories like this.
Keep making it better.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
We went out of town for a few days to pigeon forge in Tennessee. Beautiful part of the country.

Came back and fired the truck up, figured I might as well enjoy my 12mpg at over 5 bucks a gallon lol. I kept getting a few pine needles through my vent so I decided to pull off the upper shroud by the wiper arms and clean out that area. There was quite a bit in there so I got that taken care of, unfortunately I broke the wiper arm bushing in the process. They were pretty dry.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I thought I had some laying around but couldn't find them so I'll have to get some tomorrow and get it put back together.
Eric

·
Registered
716 Posts
Love that part of the country

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Got the wipers together. Also, had a hitch in the building so I got it bolted up.
Eric

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Love that CTD crew cab. Glad your wife likes her goat truck.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks! The crewcab is kindof my dream truck. Wanted one since high school and had a chance to get one after college. Took several years to get it where it is now and there's a lot I'd like to do but I love it how it is now. The cummins swap really was a big bucket list item for that truck. I'd drive it across the country right now if I needed to.
Eric

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
On another note, one of the things about these trucks that needs regular maintenance is the heater box. They get nasty with leaves and everything else. On my crewcab, I rebuilt the entire box while it was out. In the past I've went a different route because I didn't want to take the dash apart and I wanted to be able to clean it regularly. That's the route I took on this truck. I installed a deck plate so that I can easily clean out the heater core.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hole saw. I've seen worse but no wonder it can't breathe. Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

41 - 60 of 78 Posts