Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna take a guess what this is?

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~madurobob/images/DSC00473.JPG

OK, its not out of of either of my RCs, its out of a '64 Chrysler Newport I'm working on. So, I was having problems getting a decent fuel supply to the pump, so I checked the lines back to the fuel cell. This is what I found - THAT was the fuel line - the complete thing from fuel cell to fuel pump. compressed air in one end of that hose produced only a fine mist out of the other end. I replaced it today with 3/8 steel tube.

The red section is ancient fuel hose that ran from the fuel cell to under the front passenger door, held on with dry and brittle tie-wraps. This was joined to the black piece with a short 90 degree bend of 1/4 inch steel tube (in a place where no bend was required). The black section with the bulb should be recognizable to any child of the 70s - that's a siphon hand pump. These were everywhere during the oil embargo. People sometimes couldn't buy gas so they siphoned from one vehicle to run another (often these two vehicles had different owners).

Why anyone would choose to run their car with this set up is beyond me. Some people just need to put the tools down and ask someone who knows what to do to take over.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
wow. 

·
Registered
134 Posts
aka the mexican credit card! we see that up here in canada too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts