Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and what have you done so far?

What modifications, what combo, by whom and how do you like it?

Anyone running the auto tranny and have upgraded power issues

Not looking for this manufacturer is better kind of posts.....just why you choose them.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far I have added the MBRP 4" stainless dual exhaust, the AFE air filter kit and the small Edge EZ computer. I am being limited to 130HP at the wheels because of possible issues with the automatic tranny. This still doesn't compare to the towing capability of my 92 12 valve...which was bone stock......but the dually sounds good now!! :)

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
on the 85 i slid the fuel plate and afc housing all the way forward just to try it out. it made a huge difference. i also have a four inch straight system,

the 98 has the small ez computer map and straight pipe and is pretty quick like it is.

·
Registered
172 Posts
18cm non wastegate turbo, 4" flex pipe exhaust, biggest injectors available, turned up pump.... gonna straight pipe it when I get some more cash.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
I hadn't done anything to the engine yet. I'm still working on getting it running and buying the tires.

My future plans will include increasing power, but thats next years budget.

Because I'm starting with an 89 block, I have to get a few things that most Cummins already have. An intercooler will be added, I will be changing the turbo housing to the smaller 16cm housing. A 4 inch exaust is also planned. I will be adding larger injectors and I'll turn up the pump. My hope however is to replace the old VE pump for the P-pump which will really wake up the engine, but it's not cheap and requires a new timing gear for the swap, but the power increases can be enormous.

Ed

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
ive got a spare 92-93 intercooler if youhunting, ill be putting on ebay soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mr.Mopar said:
What would be the next valuable upgrade for my 92??

Olly
Get bigger exhaust, turn up the fuel pump. Those are free.

If you want to spend the bucks buy some injectors.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be carefull doing the pump. Too much is not good. I'll send you a link, Olly, for the guy I use up here. He has some information on his site.

Have you corrected the KDP on yours? ( Killer Dowel Pin )

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
kyot said:
Be carefull doing the pump. Too much is not good. I'll send you a link, Olly, for the guy I use up here. He has some information on his site.

Send me the link when you get a chance! NO I never corrected the KDP. Could you explain it.

Olly

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I sent it...I'll try again. The KDP is explained fairly well on the site.

·
Registered
172 Posts
kyot said:

I havn't done the KDP on mine. The guy from Prince Performance Diesels says that he's never seen one go in a 1st gen. I don't know why that is considering it's pretty identical to the 2nd gen.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had over 400,000 on my 92 and it never had the upgrade. That one was all stock.....maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
TexasBlakeWFO said:
Mr.Mopar said:
What would be the next valuable upgrade for my 92??

Olly
Get bigger exhaust, turn up the fuel pump. Those are free.

If you want to spend the bucks buy some injectors.
Pump may be free but exhaust sure isnt! ;D

Olly

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
How is it figured out how big of injectors/nozzles you can go???

Olly

1 - 20 of 26 Posts