Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Awhile back I heard about white vans going around and people saying they are delivering speakers, but the warehouse put 2 extra sets on by mistake and they are trying to make a buck off of them and no one will notice. I thought it wasn't true till a white van came up to me yesterday and told me the story, exactlly how everyone described it. Some of the people said they got a good deal and the speakers sound nice and others say they go junk. So I wanted to listen to them so I had them hook them up to my stereo and they sounded good. I asked how much and they said $600 and I told them $200 and thats what they got. For me, these speaker towers kick ass. Just one hooked up rocked my room. They have a 10 inch sub and 2 5.25's and a tweeter. Although it may of only cost them $10 to make it, I think i was worth, after all, isnt that what all companies do? Buy or make for a little and sell for a lot? Apperantlly thats how their 'business' sells their speakers cause they have been around for awhile. I don't know if it is a scam or not, but if there are any speaker 'salesman' on here, hook me up with a job. Oh, and they are selling Dahlton KV 2500 ti's, atleast in my area.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
These guys have been running around for years. Most of the speakers are stolen, and that's if there's even speakers in the cabinets. A lot of times they pull the speakers out, sell them seperately, and then sell you two empty cabinets for a couple hundred bucks. As a general rule, don't buy anything out of the back of a van.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took all of the covers off them before I bought them and even hooked them up. They rock my room. I knew it was a scam of some sorts cause I remember hearing about them before. If they are scamming successfully with stolen goods for years, how comes they are still around? Cops would of cracked down on them by now.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
The cops have better things to do than to stop every white van on the road looking for stolen goods.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They aren't plain white. They have T.M. Enterprises on the sides of the vans and several people know where their warehouses are. If they had a huge, stolen good ring, how can they keep it going out in the open for years?

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Galaxian80 said:
They aren't plain white. They have T.M. Enterprises on the sides of the vans and several people know where their warehouses are. If they had a huge, stolen good ring, how can they keep it going out in the open for years?
Around here, these guys run plain white vans. If they're driving around in a company van, and it's a legit company, then those guys are sneeking the speakers out the backdoor of the warehouse when no one's looking. They're steeling from the company they work for. This happens quite often. I know a guy who can get you anything from Home Depot for half price, and it's still brand new in the box. He's been doing it for years. My Aunt used to work at another Home Depot, and every year when they did inventory, it was commen that they'd be missing almost a million dollars worth of stuff.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, I don't have a problem with it. That why I didn't want to fill out the warrenty card or anything so it don't come back to me. I read up on these guys and from what I saw, their speakers may be built cheap, but still work good and I think great. But that is their way of selling them cause all of the posts I read about them on wwwscamsheild.com said the same wording as others who bought them. All the sellers said a Lexus or Jaguar tried offering them a check for $600 and they refused it. They said Lexus to me and they even wanted beer money, like all others said, but I said I didn't have anymore. If I got scammed though, I got nice sounding towers from it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ramtuff said:
These guys have been running around for years. Most of the speakers are stolen, and that's if there's even speakers in the cabinets. A lot of times they pull the speakers out, sell them seperately, and then sell you two empty cabinets for a couple hundred bucks. As a general rule, don't buy anything out of the back of a van.
This is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
A buddy of mine got scammed this way. They showed him the speakers, then sold him a pair in a box. Guess what...
Gee, no speakers in the cabnets...

JD 8)

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I know all about these Guy's. My buddy Ray worked for them for a while. We answered an ad in the classifieds. The Speakers are Not stolen this is the way that the company sells the speakers. Ray had to take a short sales pitch course where everyone is taught pretty much the same sales pitch. when questioned from the police or other law enforcement agencies they can and will produce legitimate paperwork IE: business licenses, Proof of workers comp insurance, shipping papers and proof of purchase for the spaekers. The schpeel they are giving is the same appearently in every state. There is a minimum amount that they can take for the speakers anything above that is commision for the two guys in the van as they always work in groups. They are not paid by the hour and work strictly on commision. I never heard Ray tell me about them selling empty speaker boxes. that's not to say that they don't but it doesn't make sense for them to do that as they the sellers have nothing invested in them. When they return to their warehouse they have to account for the speakers they signed out at the end of the day. they must pay something like $60.00 a set to the company and the rest is for them to split. So if you dropped $200.00 on these speakers these guy's made $140.00 to split on that deal. Ray tells me that the speakers are good speakers. Just an off brand from overseas. At any given time these company's can have ten or more crews working the area. I asked why they don't have a shop to sell from and the reason they gave to Ray is that they move from state to state city to city and so on. They cover more ground and have an opportunity to sell to much more people by being out in the citie's streets where the customers are.
just a little food for thought.
Mid_evil_thymz

·
Registered
39 Posts
That scam is international, here in Canada as well
they sell $10 speakers for $200+
a friend of my brothers got real lucky
he bought a set for $600
then learned of the scam the smae day when we laughed at him
then another idiot walked in telling us about the great deal he just got
the first guy was able to sell HIS to idoit #2 for only a small loss

I have been aproached a few times in that scam back in the early 90s
very smooth operators, using hot chicks, one with Aussie accent etc etc

·
Registered
370 Posts
well about 1yr and half ago my brother ran in to one of these "deals" and got a set of Denmark Loud Speaker E830LR tower speakers for $200 ....he called me had me do a search to look up to see what was what with these speakers...turns out to buy them directly from Denmark would have costed $1200...id give you the wesite for these speaker but guess what i dotn exist anymore.....but you can get teh same peakers here http://pages.tias.com/2604/PictPage/1920553913.html for $370...whether it was a scam or not we made out the speakers rock and id buy another set for my computer if i came upon the same deal as my brother....of course id make them open the box and let me examine them before cash ever exchanged hands....

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
guy in a white van came up to me in a gas station asking if i wanted to by some speakers. i was armed and in a govt truck. told him to get lost before i busted him....

he lit out kinda fast for a "Legit" operation

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
this exact same thing is going on here in germany! germans approach speaking fluent enlish selling speakers that cost much more thna they re charging. great speakers. know somebody that bought some but i dont wanna take that risk my self. CID said 99% sure they re stolen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok guys heres the scoop the guys selling speakers in the vans they are not stolen they do have a licence to sell them i used to store them in a wharehouse i worked for unfortunatle they are junk speakers the cab are thick cardboard magnets are very small they sound like shit and i blew a set 5 mins aftwer getting them if the say dogg digital on the box or digital audio2000 they are junk do not buy

·
Registered
7 Posts
scrapdaddy is right. I was the sales manager at a high end audio store in denver. Yes the speakers are legal, yes they suck, yes most people pay entirely too much for them. But then again Bose isn't much better. The raw drivers in a pair of Bose 901's are worth about $60.00 in the pair, and the speakers cost over $1,000.00.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
bassspud said:
scrapdaddy is right. I was the sales manager at a high end audio store in denver. Yes the speakers are legal, yes they suck, yes most people pay entirely too much for them. But then again Bose isn't much better. The raw drivers in a pair of Bose 901's are worth about $60.00 in the pair, and the speakers cost over $1,000.00.
I agree 100% about Bose.. that's marketing.. not quality.. I got a pair ( cause they were VERY cheap) to replace my old KLH surrounds.. after comparisons (the $19 KLH's to the $200 Bose; only paid $45) I decided to put the Bose in the bedroom.. and hold out for some more Klipsch.. Ahh.. what a difference. I even told the salesman atthe Bose store when he expected me to be overwhelmed.. They're not bad for what they are. He was trying to sell me on a lifestyle system..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.