Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in either 285/75/16 or 235/85/16 and 10 ply, what tires have the most aggressive look, but still ride decent, aren't TOO noisy, and do decent in the rain etc?  My F350 has Hancock's on it, but they aren't that aggressive looking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm running a 285/75/16 on my dodge 2500....cooper discoverer s/t, do alot of towing and do alot of hauling in the truck, they are holding up great and look good on the truck.

G

·
If you can get BF Goodwrench they are kicka$$ tires...

i have 32" BF GoodWrenches on a 2-3" suspention life, it looks mean

G

·
Kenneth Turcotte said:
If you can get BF Goodwrench they are kicka$$ tires...

i have 32" BF GoodWrenches on a 2-3" suspention life, it looks mean
*BFgoodrich
And what you wrote under your avatar made me LOL alot.

·
29,540 Posts
moronmountain said:
So in either 285/75/16 or 235/85/16 and 10 ply, what tires have the most aggressive look, but still ride decent, aren't TOO noisy, and do decent in the rain etc? My F350 has Hancock's on it, but they aren't that aggressive looking.
Sooo, what the tread looks like is your priority?

·
29,540 Posts
moronmountain said:
Nope, just a want. If I can't find something that fits the bill, I'll end up with a less aggressive tread.
The problem is, most people would consider a mud tire as having an "agressive look". Unfortunatly, mud tires mostly suck at everything except....well, mud. However some work well in rock crawling. Since neither of these activities were mentioned in your post, it sounds like what you want, and what you need, are polar opposites.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KThaxton said:
The problem is, most people would consider a mud tire as having an "agressive look". Unfortunatly, mud tires mostly suck at everything except....well, mud. However some work well in rock crawling. Since neither of these activities were mentioned in your post, it sounds like what you want, and what you need, are polar opposites.
Yeah well I'm mostly looking for the most aggressive tire you can get that won't swim all over the place if/when you have a load or it's raining. For instance, I would love some ground hawg 2's in radial 10 ply, but don't know what they drive like on pavement with a boat behind you, or in the rain.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
well i bought some good year's off my shop and they are gnarly lookin but not bad on the road and barely hear them when goin 55 ,,,been awhile since i even drove the turd these are m/t tires too cant remember the name of them oh Dura TRac is it  :p

·
Registered
858 Posts
On my buddies superduty 250 he runs procomp extream ATs and loves them. He
had BFGS AT the only way he would run a bfg again is if they drop the price
He tows his mud truck loves the tires very little were and pulls great in sand and
light mudd to get to the mud pit

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I have Interco SSR's on the Ram for the last 7 years and have had no issues, but due to Interco moving production locations availability is severely limited.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have Federal MS 351 A/T They do real good in the rain and snow, not a lot of road noise and have lasted for 4 solid years now, they arent overly mean looking but they dont have that goofy tread pattern that looks like you ran over black macaroni  ;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The last tires I had(for about 3 years) were wild mountain mud terrain 32's... recently one threw a belt...
(pic from 05/2010)

BFG's are ridiculously priced and I don't really go in the mud but like the look.
the BFG's it had on it when I bought it:(old pic from 2001)

so I went back to stock steel rims and got a set of Firestone Destination A/T's which are much more road friendly. The Dest A/T's are great so far, ride real nice and smooth, and seem to do good in the rain...only had them a month though. Think I gained about .5 mpg too 8)

The mudders look cooler/meaner etc...but for commuting I prefer these:
(need new pic with these tires but heres what they look like)

http://www.tiresplus.com/tirecatalog/Firestone/DestinationAT

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've had good wear out of the set of radial Interco TrXus MTs on my daily driven RC. No issues towing, stop well in the rain, and track straight on the highway.  Been on the RC since converting over to D60s in 2006, have 35k miles on them with about a 1/3 of the tread remaining.  I'd buy another set.  

Oh, and they look AGGRESSIVE.  ;)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts