Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to put a 318 into what was originally a 1980 d150 with a factory slant six. The slant six radiator was shot so won’t be using that one. I was thinking about ordering a factory radiator that would have come in a big block truck, should bolt right up right? Or if anyone knows of a good aluminum radiator that would work. I don’t want it to run the slightest bit hot. Thanks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oreillys sells a factory bolt in stock brass/copper radiator that is 225 dollars and is the size of a big block radiator from the 70's. It is also a three core radiator too. I have this radiator in my 86 w250 with a 400 big block in it and it fits fine and is cooling fine. I'm pretty sure it would fit an 80 core support without too much modification. The 86 had no modification.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/murray-heat-transfer-4283/cooling---heating-16773/radiator-20386/radiator-11357/02ac48565f9e/murray-heat-transfer-radiator/433190/4459430/1986/dodge/w250-pickup-4wd?q=radiator&pos=1

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
you will need to mount a fan shroud

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have my small block fan shroud on the 400 in my truck, so I know that my set up works, but other set ups might be different.  I have a fan shroud from the big block radiator that was in the RV with the 400 and it fit on the small block radiator during a mock up, but not as well as my small block shroud.  This is on the Oreillys radiator too that I'm talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.