Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've had my Ramcharger on the road. I parked it a while ago cuz it wasn't running too well. The distributor bushings were worn and it was chewing up caps, then began missing pretty steadily. Now I can't even back it up my driveway to get it out of the garage.

I want to replace the distributor, but I don't want to get just any cheap replacement. I'd like to get a distributor that would support a mild performance buildup. I'm trying to upgrade things bit by bit as I replace them so I can build it up when I get some spare scratch.

Problem is it's a TBI truck. Parts monkeys can't even get the cap/rotor right when I had to buy them...it's a dual pickup and they always try to sell me the cheaper rotor that won't fit the dist. Is there anything I can do to upgrade without throwing the TBI out of whack?

TIA

·
Registered
32,118 Posts
for one l,d check yer oil pump driveshaft bushing because they go bad and thats what kills the Distributor bushings / l think Mallory makes one that works with the TBl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.