Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda trucks/vans have rear axles that'll fit a Power Wagon? I went to the junkyard and checked their pile of axles, they had one Dana70 from a Dodge that was sweet, but something was wrong because turning the wheel did not turn the yoke. Then I could only find one other D60 with the right spring perch to perch width and it had 3.55's so its no good for me. All the rest were way to wide.
Preferably I'd want the widest axle I can get wms to wms, Something like 74" or wider, or I might have to use spacers. I guess that would be a dually rear, right? I need such a wide one because I wanna run Hummer Beadlocks with the stock 7" backspacing.
Oh, and whats the right way to measure spring perch to perch length? I measured center pin to center pin, got 44" on my truck. That right?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yeah center pin to pin, forget the hummer wheels already you think im kidding about wheel weight, ah never mind

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Where are you looking? New haven and bridgeport are the closest places I know of for you. But seymour area has a few 'yards too

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to Kramer's Auto Salvage in Stratford. Pretty big place and their always getting new stuff. They just have piles of axles sitting around, but most of them are just 1/2 axles. They also have a real big pile of axles off of rigs, in case anyone wants some really really big rockwell type axles. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.