Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to find a front drive shaft for a 77 4x4 with 360 and 727?
I have looked for a while for the tranny and transfer case bought a whole parts truck but
of course its missing that same damn drive shaft!

Just figures. PG

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
You should be able to use the driveshaft off any full time 4WD era truck with the D44 front axle.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Or have one made. Are you near Houston? If so look up Randy's Driveshaft Service

Full-time era is 75-79 trucks, including 74 RC's.

Bucky

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are in Fort Worth. I am hoping someone has a lead on one if not I guess
we will look into a drive shaft maker in the area.
Thanks PG

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got 3 of them. also 2 from a 727 205 set up. and rear drive shafts for long bed 203 and 205 set up. bolt on yokes small joint forget the number on them for 203 205 435 d44 d60 d70  i'm in ohio shipping might be pricey. but I can see what I can do to box it up.  what you looking to give for one? just a fair deal for both.  thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rebuilds are available from the parts houses.  I put one in my 81 a few years back.  No complaints.  Nicer than the one I took out.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You should be able to take just about any solid-axle GM or Dodge CV shaft that's longer and have it cut to length. The Saginaw and Spicer CVs all bolt to the same tcase output flange. There's even a 1" aluminum spacer from Superlift to help fine-tune the length if needed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron C said:
I've got 3 of them. also 2 from a 727 205 set up. and rear drive shafts for long bed 203 and 205 set up. bolt on yokes small joint forget the number on them for 203 205 435 d44 d60 d70 i'm in ohio shipping might be pricey. but I can see what I can do to box it up. what you looking to give for one? just a fair deal for both. thanks
Ron C no idea what is fair. Can you give me a quote shipped to 76116?
Let me know. Thanks PG

·
Registered
111 Posts
shipping will be $45

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the shipping is $45 what do you want to the front drive shaft? Thanks PG

·
Registered
111 Posts
pm was sent    $80 total

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.