Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue has happened twice in the last two weeks and I have never noticed before so it has me concerned. The truck is sitting for a couple of hours, come out to start it up, pump the gas, turn it over, nothing. Try again and nothing but this time smoke billows out of the engine area. Pop the hood and the smoke is from the carb. Pull the air cleaner off and nothing to see with the eye. Put it back and she starts up with out issue. What could it be. 4bbl Carter carb.
Thanks BB

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When she is running she runs smooth. No smoke that I can see from the tailpipe. The smoke from the carb is white. Smells like fuel, could be extra? Maybe the PVC valve is bad? I need to do timing but did a compression about 2 years ago. I can do that where I am, I have my tester with me. Thanks BB

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the coolant level and it is good. I checked to see if any milky substance in the oil on the dip stick, nothing. I did the intake seal about a month ago for the fourth time and drove to SC. Got here and no oil leaks from the front or back like before. I made sure that I RTVed the water jackets real good and like I said no "water" in the oil. Could be timing, has not done it to me since my first posting on it. I will keep an eye and let you guys know. Thanks again BB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts