Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is the second time within 2 weeks that the transfer case fluid is almost empty. I have no leaks and the transmission fluid is in the ok level, so where the heck is the transfer case fluid disappearing to?? Is it leaking into the transmission somehow? I have no other ideas?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If it's leaking into the tranny then your fluid level in your tranny would be high and getting higher unless the tranny leaks. As to where it is going...clueless!

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
There is a small area between the tranny and tranfer case that carries no fluid. It can leak into there. Loosen the 6 bolts for the transfer case and see if the fluid leaks out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping no one said loosen your transfer case, but I guess i'm gonna have to do it. The seal must have leaked or something then. Everything else is dry and looks fine. I guess I will have to look at the transmission fluid again to, to make sure its not higher then normal

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
but that space won't hold 2 qts of fluid, and if he has filled the tcase twice in the past few weeks, there woudl stil be some fluid in the tcase, as parts of the tcase are lower than that space.

What year truck & model tcase ???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a little bit of fluid left in the transfer case, I put in about 1 quart or a little more the second time around. Where would the vacumm switch be? I would like to check that just to make sure its not sucking it up
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts