Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my '86 Ramcharger I am somewhat fed up by all the maps, mobiles, books, and other junk, spread on the floor or sliding on the top of the dashboard in tight turns ;)

I would like to do without a full-size console though, for I've found the space there pretty convenient for bags and others... So, I am considering some relatively thin (say 6" or less) vertical boxes at the right side and perhaps at the back of driver's seat... Anybody bought/made something like that? Would be grateful to read of your experiences and see any pics if possible...

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
cant think of the name right now, i will look, but there is a company that makes a multi-pocket holder that drapes over the back of your seat. might work pretty good for you if oyu do not want a console

eric

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
For a slightly cheaper solution you could get a seat cover with a big pocket in the back. That's what I've got and it is nice to keep all the debris at bay. Mines big enough for a soft six pack cooler ;D. Although I really like the one Eric mentioned.{cool}

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
or you can get a over head console fomr JC Whitney too . those are around 130 bux i hitnk .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoa, the JCW stuff looks great!

OTOH, with my 6'4", I find the current window top sometimes too low (namely in a city to see overhead traffic lights: often I look at'em through the sunroof!), so I sorta fear whether it limits the visibility even more (they actually warn on the JCW site it would happen). Has anybody put their Ramcharger Overhead Storage Shelf (ZX184907B, http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...-1&productId=170773&mediaCode=ZX&appId=446087) into a R/C, and if so, could perhaps post a pic looking from the driver's place out?

Another piece of equip they have I like is the "Floor Console For Mini Vans" (ZX075985PF, http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...-1&productId=153657&mediaCode=ZX&appId=423445)--its 9" look very like what I want, just slightly wider. Happens anybody to have it? Seems to me it should fit very nicely under my 'Charger's armrest, but I would prefer if somebody told me it indeed does before I order the thing ;)))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts