Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
If you still have a bad one from inside the tank, and I'm suspecting this is for the 84 RC and it has a 36 gallon tank, take it to a place that will remanufacture the orignal. Other wise you are stuck with what ever the Dodge dealer can get for you. Dodge has made an a so called up-date to the orignals so if that excact number didn't cross and you have tried with Dodge, ask them for the up-date.

Be cautioned that the up-dated version from Dodge is not going to function as you expect. Even if you try your damndest to bend, straighten, adjust, tweak and calibrate your new factory replacement. They are just not going to work right.

That is why you would be better off having the unit that I presume is in the tank or you have removed and take it for a rebuild.

This has been covered and beat all to death and you will find many threads on it if you were to search for them. A few fella's on here have some names of the rebuilders of gas pick-up senders and hopefully they will chime in and give you some suggestions. Sorry about the bad news.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes this is for my 84 and it’s in my RC. What years will interchange? My plan now is to find one at the JY and send that one off to rebuild. Then I will do the swap when I get it back. Right now I zero out my trip odometer every time I fill up. And that is my gas gauge. At least I am tracking my MPG more closely now.

Thanks,
Streak-O-Lean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts