Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine just bought a 75 d-300 dually that has 16.5 rims he would like to put taller tires on but it is stamped on the rims that you shouldn't put larger than 8.00 on them . I guess because of the clearance between the duels with a load on . Does any one know if dodge made a 16 in. rim that will fit 70's one tons. thanks , Mike

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
I don't think the pattern changed, so if you find 16's with the 8 lug pattern they should fit, as long as the center hole is correct. Can't confirm that on a dually though. On my 85 SRW I had no problem getting 16" aftermarket wheels to replace the 16.5's. Also may want to make sure the 1-ton dually won't have any clearance issues with the brakes.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It depends on how wide the rims are. What size tires is he looking at running.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the stock wheels he has now 6 in wide ,he would like to put 9.50's on but it is stamped on the wheels not to use over 8.00's. it is a 440 auto with 410 gears and he thinks that larger tires may help with the gas milage .thats why he is trying to find 16 in rims so as to have a better selection of tires to choose from

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You can run 9.5 wide tires on 6 inch rims, but just don't go any wider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts