Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK it's that time for Big Sarge to tell ya to get to the U4WDA Summer Convention, trail ride and streak fry! Go to the www.u4wda.com web site and look under events! We will be meeting at the Macy's in Logan, anybody know where that is, and doing the trails from there. Be a good chapter event too.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
I'll be there.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association Summer Convention
http://www.u4wda.com/event_details.html#summer

Where: Logan, Utah
When: August 21st, 2004
Meeting Place: Maceys in Logan (981 South Main Street, Logan)
Time: 9:00 A.M.
Trails:
- Millville Canyon: 3 rating
- Providence Canyon: 4 rating

Cost:
- $30 per vehicle (two steak meals included)
- $12 per additional meal
- $5 for children 10 & under
So how do we register?

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
For more information and to pre-register call the U4WDA activities director, Daynene Snyder at 801-942-3488 or e-mail [email protected]

Leave her your name, number of participants (meals) and a number to reach you.

Fee's will be collected at Maceys on the day of the trail ride.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Crap. Looks like I'm going to be 1/2 hour to 45 min late on this. I have an appointment at 8:30 AM that morning that I forgot about that will go for about an hour that morning. I wonder if I can play catch up? Thinking of going the Millville canyon way since I've been DOWN Providence before and I don't want to do that again.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I see the Logan Boys want to come, but what about the rest of you? For those of you in the Ogden Area, the Big Horn will be leaving the Branding Iron Resturant on Wall at 8 am. Breakfest at 7!

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
KThaxton said:
I'm still undecided. Larry is on my but to go though.
Someone's on your what? :eek: ;D

Make sure you read the trail descriptions.

Trail Info: Providence: Starts in a gravel pit and alternates between a 3 and 4 rating dependant upon what Spring weather conditions left us. The challenging part is at the trailhead area itself; you will also find side challenges all through the pit itself..

Millville: Rated a 2-3. This trail is for the scenery but with mild challenge thrown in. The beginning of this trail WILL leave "pinstriping by plant" on your rig, so the thinner the better!.

Both trails climb up into the beautiful Cache Valley mountain range, they merge together underneath Logan Peak where games and grazing will commence. This peak, with a 9,700-foot elevation will reward those who choose to go up, with a humbling view of one of Gods Northern valleys. Upon your trek back to flat land, it is common to go DOWN the trail you did NOT come up. That way you get to enjoy both trails in one day!.

*Both trails have trailer parking close to their trailheads*

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
KThaxton said:
B-U-T-T!
The only thing that is making hesitant to go on this ride is the 3 hour drive to and from the trail head! :-\
Butt, but the first time you said but. :p

I know someone that lives in the south end of Cache valley that would be willing to offer his place up for resting, repairing, or whatever. ;) That goes for anyone else that's going.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'll lend you a hand on fixin' yer break down too! ;D

Well, I'm pretty well planning on going on this ride, but I need someone else to ride along with me to split the cost for registration. Kendall, you could ride wim me if you want. I'm planning on taking the easier Milville canyon route `cause I'm chikin `fraid of Providence. ;D

If Kendall doesn't need a ride, I'm open to other guests to ride along. Any takers?

·
29,380 Posts
Geez, you guys are making this difficult.......
Thanks for the offers :-* but I am officially declining. :\'(
In addition to not wanting to drive 3 hours to the trail head....here are some more recently realized excuses :-\:
-I have been sick (kinda still am) and need to catch up on some projects.
-I need to replace a rear spring bushing as the inner steel sleave is partially gone (this is my best excuse).
-I should work on Saturday cuz I need the O/T!

Why can't they just always have it at 5 mile pass like the winter convention, thats only an hour drive! ;D
But I do have some good news.....I just saved a ton money on my new tires! I got 4 BFG 33x12.50 AT's for $391.00! My nephew got me the deal (I cannot divulge anymore info, and NO they aren't stolen! :eek:). Then, I got an Optima blue top for $120.00!
Anyway, enough about me....
Do your best to have fun without me (if thats possible?) ;D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, I've seen stock TJ's go up Prov before. In fact. I took a very stock RC up it and help a Stock Forester come down it once!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
In all honesty, In the summer of 2000 I took my (at the time) stock Dodge W200 down the canyon from the top of Mount Logan. Yes I got down it okay, but i was real nervous, and I had to get out and move a lot of big rocks out of the way. I'm not so sure I could get back up the trail without a locker in the diff, since there were a lot of loose cobble stones on some pretty steep sections.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.