Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? I just tried to use the spare tire from my recently acquired 1989 Ram on my old 1976 D-100 and discovered that the bolt pattern had changed at some point. What year did the bolt pattern change on the Dodge half tons?
Also can anyone suggest a good, preferably inexpensive wheel swap for the 89? It is a nice truck but the stock wheel covers are sort of bland.

G

·
Check your local J/y with your bolt pattern measurements and you might find something good. I am gonna do that for a set of steps for my truck

G

·
Your 76 has a 5 on 4 /12 bolt pattern and your 89 has a 5 on 5 1/2 pattern. All Dodge trucks from 75 to 79 have the smaller pattern and all dodge 1/2 ton 4x4's from 80 to 94 had the bigger pattern. I'm not sure when the 2wd trucks went to the bigger pattern, about 84-85 I think.

Chris

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
what's your definition of inexpensive?
Eagle has some nice looking aluminum wheels that run lower than $120 or so, which is cheaper than say the $250 Weld wheels. I got simple "wagon wheel" steelies for like $50 new that can be had in black or white commonly or you could paint them to match.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
well since this thread is on wheel interchange what, if any, other companys wheels, i.e. frod, chebby, late dodge?? , will fit my 3/4 ton???? i got he 8 lug but am unsure of the bolt circle.... i would like to get some nice wheels but cant afford new right now... and of course this is my 77 PW 3/4 ton ;)

·
2,317 Posts
ford and older jeep used 5 on 5 1/2. as far as i know ford,chevy and dodge 3/4 ton rims are the same.

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
hey, if your 89 is 2wd you can change over to the smaller bolt pattern.

that allows you to use a wider variety of rims many of which are made for muscle cars.

but if you have a 4by just go with some kinda wagon wheel or other steely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts