Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tooling around under the dash in my '89, transferring the stereo from my '85 over, and I found something weird... I don't have a digital cam, so bear with me. Right near the hood/parking brake bracket there is a taped up harness, with (2) 3-wire plugs in it. One is not connected to anything, but the other has a little silver canister plugged into it. It looks like a fluorescent light starter, and is a little smaller than one. It is devoid of any identifying markings except for "Assembled in Haiti of USA parts" on the top of it. It was all taped up (with factory tape) into the harness, except for the end sticking out. I never would have known it was there if I didn't move the harness the right way, so it doesn't strike me as something important, but I'm curios as to what it is, and maybe what the other plug right there is for.....

Also, there's a floating harness that's paired up with the message center harness. It looks almost the same as the message center connector, but it has a red insert vs a yellow one, and it doesn't have the offset pin. What option is that for?
I REALLY need a FSM! ;D

Matt

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
dude, did Chump not know? Whoa, a sinking feeling here.

I'd guess it's the transmitter to let the aliens know where you are for when they need more probing subjects.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, that's it.. Nothing happened when I pulled it out because I didn't even realize I had a key light because it never worked... :).. So Chump.. Those diagrams come from AllData?

·
7,995 Posts
TaZMaNiaK said:
Yup, that's it.. Nothing happened when I pulled it out because I didn't even realize I had a key light because it never worked... :).. So Chump.. Those diagrams come from AllData?
Yes the diagram came from Alldata...I modified it to highlight the relay in yellow on some software from my computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.