Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael and me where discussing this and I need some help. To convert a Dana 44 over to the so-called HDDana 44,with the eight lug outers,do I need different spindles than the ones than the regular five lug spindles. From what I've always heard they are different but he says they are the same,would be nice if it was. Can anybody help me out on this? It might of been covered before but I do not remember seeing it. Thanks

Jimmy

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
They should be the same, but you might just wanna grab those when you do the swap. I'm converting from 8 lug drum to 8 lug disk, but I'm using chevy disc parts so I'm definitely swapping spindles, short shafts, hubs, bearings, rotors, calipers and dust shields.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
To convert a Dana 44 over to the so-called HDDana 44,with the eight lug outers,do I need different spindles than the ones than the regular five lug spindles
i think he wants to know if the spindles are the same between a regular 44 and a hd44, but im just guessing on that, not like he asked or anything ::) ;).

Duane

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
The spindles are different, but if you are using a full time D44, you will need different knuckles as well (like Sam said)
BTW, the spindles on the drum brake HD D44 are friggin huge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.