Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of typing up a FAQ or maybe just a thread on "netiquite" what that is is a basic set of guide lines for members of the site.

do you think it would be of any benifit? or do we allready have such a thing?

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well here is what i have so far i still need to add much more. its all common sence but still....

I know most if not all of you know how to successfully communicate on this board. I guess this is just a FAQ or something to give some new comers a few tips. Here is a list of some of the more common things.

1. You are welcome on this board; make every one else feel that way.

2. This board has a liberal "free speech" policy but don't abuse it. Remember, there are children aboard. Many people will let a 4-letter word or 2 slip now and then but try not to make it a habit. Always imagine what your spouse/parent/relative would think if they stumbled on to this board and seen how you talk.

3. Do not continually "flame" a member you may dislike. If you don't like the person, ignore them. Don't waste web space on stupid harassing comments.

4. If you have a beef with a particular member, take it to a private chat in the RCC chat room, email, or use the handy IM function. Be calm and rational.

5. There are separate discussion forums for different topics. Do not just put them in the "Open Forum" because you believe your issue will get more page views.

6.Do not use the discussion forums to sell your goods or parts. There is a classified ads section, use it.

7. Use the search function. Your question has probably been asked before. There is also a compilation of FAQs (frequently asked questions) and How-Tos. Feel free to click on all the things you see and explore the potential of this board.

8. Use some grammar sense when posting. I cant spell very well but i can make a valid attempt. Use punctuation when needed to help readers. break up long posts into paragraphs instead of one long block. finish your sentence. re-read your post before posting to see if it makes sense. basically, just remember the easier it is for OTHER readers to read and understand the post the easier it is for them to help you.

9. DONT YELL!!! cap locks suck. it is a way of shouting out. and it is hard to read.

more to come later.

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
That's really good Joe... right now I'm blank, but if I remember something, I'll add it for comment. Thanx !

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
A great idea, sometimes things get a bit out of hand, guidlines might help.BTW you can pull the cap lock button out of most keyboards with a pair of needle nose pliers ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
Looks very good Joe.

You could add something about using the smilies. That way people can tell what you really mean. ;D 8) :mad: :( ??? :p ::){smoke}

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Unless you are terminally ambivalent, as TV wold appear above....{smoke}

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
Smokey said:
Unless you are terminally ambivalent, as TV wold appear above....{smoke}
LOL ::){bunny}{wave}{smoke}{shades}{bigeyes} :p

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
boba said:
A great idea, sometimes things get a bit out of hand, guidlines might help.BTW you can pull the cap lock button out of most keyboards with a pair of needle nose pliers ;D
Been seriously thinking about it !!!!!!!

·
5,141 Posts
When my little brother talks to me on the computer, he uses Cap Lock because the little fool can't type. When I went back to school from a weekend at home last year, mom called me the next night and asked me what I did with the Cap Lock button off the ergonomic keyboard ;D

·
Super Moderator
9,424 Posts
Now, THAT is a truly elegant solution to the cap lock problem. ;D

·
Registered
688 Posts
That's really good joe... I think that it would be good for the new comers and even a select few members that have been here for a little bit... Being nice and not mentioning names....
Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts