Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a car worth waxing until I got the 300. I was wondering what all you guys with nice finishes use on your stuff and why. I need to wax the 300 soon.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I like to use "Mothers california gold" paste wax.. On older vehicles, it really brings back the shine... When i get around to waxin the new Town & Country, thats what i'm gonna use.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
anything by Meguires is what i recommend to everyone i know.... i have used everything and i like the Meguires best

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I use Black Magic Creme on my bike. Even though the paint is 22 years old, this stuff made the finish look about 6 feet deep.. :) It sheets the water off nicely too. I've been caught in the rain a few times, and I've never had to wipe off water spots.
Just my $.02
Matt {peace}

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I'm an Eagle 1 man myself. I've tried all the rest, and I like Eagle 1 the most.

Edit: Actually, the only stuff I like more than Eagle 1 is Ardex. You can't buy it off the shelf, but if you know someone who works at a dealership, get them to hook you up with the local distributer's number. Also, along with their wax, get their "white wall cleaner." It cleans everything. Just spray on and rinse off....awesome stuff.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
macguiars, jay. i used it on my rc when i first got it, probably hadnt been waxed since it was new, made the paint come to life.

good stuff

eric

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far meguires is winning. Thanks for all the input. I wish there was still paint on Louise to wax! Gotta get the 300 to shine up real pretty, I love that car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll throw in another vote for Meguires. I've used it several times and was never let down by the shine or performance

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
im going to defiently recommend you do a review of different types. you have a rather unbiased opinion at this point.

buy a few different kinds and test them each.

different paints like different waxes and or polishes.

i had always had great luck with meguiers until rather ecently. my dad had purchased a 300SEL (less than 1000 built 387ci blah blah blah) like i said the stuff always works. well this time it didnt. now the paint is kinda messed. well actually its F***ed. made a semi ok paint go to almost as flat as primer. its bad. of course on a ramcharger it might not be such a loss to get some messed up paint.

but id defeintly recommed trying different kinds.

who knows, maybe cheap ass turtle wax will work.

i think we need a how to on detailing wax and polishing LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts